Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases
Thread started 03 Jan 2017 (Tuesday) 19:50
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Peak Design, Black Rapid or other?

SpiderMonkey
Joined Jan 2017
Pearland, Texas
Jan 26, 2017 19:53 |  #31

I decided to post a couple more pictures to go with the other post for a little more detail.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Snydremark
Myth-informed
17,856 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Joined Mar 2009
Issaquah, WA USA
Jan 26, 2017 20:16 |  #32

Good stuff; thanks for the write-up and the pics!

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

1KIND
Goldmember
2,051 posts
Joined Apr 2011
New York
Post has been edited 8 months ago by 1KIND.
Jan 27, 2017 08:39 |  #33

I must say thought, the B-Grip does a good job with gripped cameras because its made of plastic and the coverage area is longer.

Pictures are from my reviews, but here is the B-Grip with my old gripped D7000 on my own belt

IMAGE: http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l617/1kindphotography/reviews/images/bgrip4.jpg

And here is my old gripped 5D Mark III with Peak Design Capture Clip WITH ProPad also on my own belt

IMAGE: http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l617/1kindphotography/reviews/images/peakdesign_propad8.jpg

As you can see, even with gravity wanting to cause the camera to lean towards your leg, the B-Grip keeps it perpendicular to your leg.

And here is one with just a non-gripped camera with their belt

IMAGE: http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l617/1kindphotography/reviews/images/bgrip1.jpg

1KIND Photography (external link)
Canon :: 5D Mark IV | EOS M5
Glass/Gear :: Canon 24-70L II | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF-M 22mm | EF-M 11-22
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: Hejnar Photo Plates, Camtrol Stabilizer | Varavon Monopod and 32" Slider

mystik610
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2012
Houston, TX
Post has been last edited 8 months ago by mystik610. 2 edits done in total.
Jan 27, 2017 08:55 |  #34

Snydremark wrote in post #18244608 (external link)
That's precisely the beauty of the Capture system; I use that combination, frequently. Mount the plate on the bottom of the camera and just attach the dongle(s) for the strap to the plate or another attach point on the body, and then lock the camera into the clip while moving around; and then just take it out of the clip while you're actively using the kit. I should qualify this with, the clip works best as a shoulder mount rig...I've never been able to get it to work satisfactorily as a belt clip unit.

I do the same. The beauty of the peak design system is how flexible it is, and how well their products work together.

Slings are great because of how quickly they allow you to bring your camera up to your face when actively shooting. The downside to camera slings is that they swing too freely and the opportunity to bang your camera into something always exists. The slide mitigates this by allowing to quickly adjust the length of the strap so it isn't swinging as much, but it still isn't fully stable.

The clip is great because of how stable it is and how it eliminates the strain on your back, but the problem with clips (and I've used spider, b-grip, and capture) is that taking the camera off of the clip requires two hands and it gets old when you're actively shooting and are constantly taking it on and off.

So yeah the combination of the peak design clip and slide (lite in my case) is that you can mount the camera to the clip (which I wear on my belt) while moving or shooting on your second body so its stable, and let it hang from the strap when you're actively shooting with that body so you can quickly bring the camera up to your face when needed.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α9 - Zeiss Loxia 21 - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - 85GM - Sony 70-200GM

5,461 views & 3 likes for this thread
Peak Design, Black Rapid or other?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.