Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Fashion, Editorial & Commercial
Thread started 07 Jan 2017 (Saturday) 16:27
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Fashion on the Mountain

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,207 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Sandy, Oregon
Jan 07, 2017 16:27 |  #1

We got some great snow and a gorgeous day. We have done several shoot with Taylor and she has us trying more fashion looks vs our standard skimpy clothes and skin that we typically shoot (besides our wedding work). Taylor made the head pieces and supplied the dresses.

CC is always welcome, my goal is to grown and get better with every shoot.

IMAGE: http://www.bikinisandlace.com/img/s11/v33/p2165072604-4.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: http://www.bikinisandl​ace.com/p955618051/e81​0c62dc] (external link)

IMAGE: http://www.bikinisandlace.com/img/s1/v56/p2165072279-4.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: http://www.bikinisandl​ace.com/p955618051/e81​0c6197] (external link)

sponsored links
CyberCat
Joined Jul 2012
Budapest, Hungary
Jan 13, 2017 07:47 |  #2

For the white on white you can try big black V-flats or reflectors on both sides of the model, it helps to draw the shape of the model and separate from the background.

CyberCat

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Post has been last edited 11 months ago by dmward. 2 edits done in total.
Jan 16, 2017 18:57 |  #3

Agree with comment about using light subtractor on the white on white. Also, its cropped way too tight for my taste.

The second on works. Maybe just a little tighter crop. Or, better would have been to have model a bit closer to the camera with a 35mm lens taking care not to let any WA distortion slip into the image.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,207 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Sandy, Oregon
Jan 16, 2017 20:00 |  #4

Thank you both for your comments, I have noted all of the info for the next mountain shoot. I have some additional work from some other sessions on the mountain in the G&N section if you care to take a peek.

mdvaden
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
Beaverton, Oregon
Feb 10, 2017 10:28 |  #5

I think the solid white outfit would have looked better with more texture behind like closer to the snow covered trees. It looks okay, but that may have looked better. With the red dress, I like the background in focus less, preferring more bokeh like the first photo.

Thought she looked familiar. Nice eyes too.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

vadenphotography.comexternal link . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Pageexternal link

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,207 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Sandy, Oregon
Feb 10, 2017 18:07 as a reply to mdvaden's post |  #6

Yea getting to those trees was not an option, there was a creek and snow that was not passable. She is standing on a sheet of plywood covered in snow so she did not sink to her chest in the snow.

mdvaden
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
Beaverton, Oregon
Feb 11, 2017 20:31 as a reply to Littlejon Dsgn's post |  #7

Reminds me of even my own hiking two weeks ago. Trees I wanted to reach, but a cold fast moving creek stood in the way.

vadenphotography.comexternal link . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Pageexternal link

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Post has been edited 10 months ago by Left Handed Brisket.
Feb 11, 2017 21:39 |  #8

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #18269959 (external link)
Yea getting to those trees was not an option, there was a creek and snow that was not passable. She is standing on a sheet of plywood covered in snow so she did not sink to her chest in the snow.

A longer lens would compress the background to get more trees in there. I'm not so concerned with the white dress on the white snow ... it seems the headpiece and models face should be the focus. Again for the first, the line of the trees and sky interact awkwardly with the subject.

Shame you clipped the head piece and fingertips in the first. But the light and poses are fabulous on both.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

sponsored links

1,840 views & 3 likes for this thread
Fashion on the Mountain
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Fashion, Editorial & Commercial

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.