Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 11 Feb 2017 (Saturday) 05:17
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

EOS M6

ronin22
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Jan 2017
Post has been edited 9 months ago by ronin22.
Feb 11, 2017 05:17 |  #1

Hello everyone, first post...have been debating on getting the M5 and was looking around for reviews to see what sucesses and issues people have run into. When looking I noticed that there is going to be an announcement of a new EOS M the M6.

The camera looks like a update to the M3 (No EVF and screen Flips just like the M3) with the same internals as the M5. It will have two colors black and silver and black reminiscent of the old Ae-1 or the Canon Canonet cameras

I have the original M and the slow focus is getting to me. I was on the verge of getting the M3, but then the M5 came out. I really like the idea of the EVF but the small factor of the M for me was lost when it was added on the M 5.

This might fit the bill, wanted to post this as this looks to be announced in a few weeks.

Here is the link to the rumor of said M6:

https://petapixel.com ...-m6-removable-evf-leaked/ (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Osa713
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Feb 11, 2017 23:56 |  #2

Still pretty early to tell but the screen flipping out of the way from the tripod mount is a big plus. It looks like they are targeting the Fuji X70 consumer.

Canon needs to invest in the native lenses to make the M series really shine.

maverick75
Cream of the Crop
Joined May 2012
Riverside,California
Feb 12, 2017 00:03 |  #3

Instead of waiting for an original M upgrade I switched to Sony and couldn't be happier. The A6000 is on par(focus wise) with my 7DM2, which blows my mind still.

That original M is still a gem though, Canon got that body so perfect! all they had to do was add a hotshoe EVFR. When it started to get super bulky is when it went downhill for me.

- Alex Corona Sony A7, Canon 7DM2/EOS M, Mamiya 645/67
Flickr (external link) - 500px (external link) - Website (external link)- Feedback -Feedback

ronin022
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Apr 2013
SoCAl
Feb 12, 2017 05:49 |  #4

I like the Sony and Fuji but the M which i still like had the best touch screen, colors are much better to my eyes, and vested in Canon lenses, so made better sense for me.

I agree with the fact that the M Lense line is very much lacking but the ability to use my canon lenses like my 50mm, 85mm and not be too bulky is a win for me. I have the 6D and 7D so got most things covered but the M6 and the 22mm would be with me most of the time and this might be worth it if the price is lower and handles like the original M with everything the M5 has going for it.

Thanks for sharing.

1,294 views & 0 likes for this thread
EOS M6
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.