Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions
Thread started 05 Jul 2015 (Sunday) 20:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Before and After - The Weekly Editing Challenge

Intheswamp
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Feb 09, 2017 17:05 |  #1291

Tinkering around in DPP4...shadows and highlights...saturatio​n...and crop...then a little Photoshop cloning here and there....

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

www.beeweather.comexternal link

sponsored links
Benitoite
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Morgan Hill, CA
Feb 09, 2017 22:46 |  #1292

With the Late Sunset from the HaldCLUT Creative Pack-1 collection applied in Rawtherapee 5.0-r1.

HOSTED PHOTO
And the Moonlight one with the super-duper moon in additive mode, layer masked for the mountain range in McGimp2.9.5.
HOSTED PHOTO

Didereaux
Joined Jun 2014
Upper Texas coast
Feb 10, 2017 17:29 |  #1293

You people are having waaaay to much fun with this! I thought there'd only be 1 or 2 entries and no work or sweat on my part! WRONG! :)

Couple of Canon bodies, a couple of Canon lens, few gadgets all stuffed in a bag...and a stick, and a tripod.
https://www.flickr.com ...ringandmontephotos/​albums (external link)

bumpintheroad
Self-inflicted bait
Joined Oct 2013
NJ, USA
Post has been edited 10 months ago by bumpintheroad.
Feb 11, 2017 19:02 as a reply to post 18268246 |  #1294

I thought Google killed Picasa? I use a custom action in PS for my borders.

-- Mark | Gear | Flickrexternal link | Picasaexternal link | Youtubeexternal link | Facebookexternal link | Image editing is okay

Bianchi
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
USA
Feb 11, 2017 22:01 |  #1295

bumpintheroad wrote in post #18270853 (external link)
I thought Google killed Picasa? I use a custom action in PS for my borders.

Me to, but I am still able to use it for borders..

Your custom action, did you create it, or get it off the net..

My Gear flickrexternal link

bumpintheroad
Self-inflicted bait
Joined Oct 2013
NJ, USA
Feb 12, 2017 20:59 as a reply to Bianchi's post |  #1296

I created it. It increases the size of the canvas by 1/16" all around with a white background for the hiline, then expands the bottom of the canvas 3/4" with a black background and places my copyright justified right and text field for the image title justified left, and finishes-up expanding the canvas 1/4" top and each side with a black background.

-- Mark | Gear | Flickrexternal link | Picasaexternal link | Youtubeexternal link | Facebookexternal link | Image editing is okay

Didereaux
Joined Jun 2014
Upper Texas coast
Post has been edited 10 months ago by Didereaux.
Feb 14, 2017 11:49 |  #1297

First off congrats to all fro some really fine edits! When it finally came to choose my favorite, I couldn't...tried my best but couldn't choose. Had it narrowed to three and all scored equally not all on the same points, but total likeability by me. So I took the cowards way out and flipped a coin in double elimination no less. ;) Jethr0 you got it....not the coin though!  :p

Here is what I was going for when I took the shot. it was just a small portion of a section of it thata was 20+ miles away as the crow flies. Wanted that island and mountains 'compressed thought that would look good as a sort of abstract when printed on canvas. Below is what hangs in our dining room a 20x30 canvas print of that small section see how fast you can locate that in the original. Apologize for the crappy shot, done with a little P&S in a hurry just for this, but maybe you get the idea. So once again congrats Jethr0

HOSTED PHOTO

Couple of Canon bodies, a couple of Canon lens, few gadgets all stuffed in a bag...and a stick, and a tripod.
https://www.flickr.com ...ringandmontephotos/​albums (external link)

Jethr0
Joined Aug 2012
ON, Canada
Feb 14, 2017 12:29 as a reply to Didereaux's post |  #1298

Oh hey!! Awesome! :-).

I'll post up the next pic in a day or so.

www.jefflowe.ca (external link)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.​com/jefflowe.ca (external link)

bsiegler
Joined Apr 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Feb 14, 2017 16:34 |  #1299

Congratulations Jethr0, Looking forward to the next photo!

Cormac
Joined Jan 2014
Indiana
Feb 14, 2017 18:40 |  #1300

Didereaux wrote in post #18273379 (external link)
First off congrats to all fro some really fine edits! When it finally came to choose my favorite, I couldn't...tried my best but couldn't choose. Had it narrowed to three and all scored equally not all on the same points, but total likeability by me. So I took the cowards way out and flipped a coin in double elimination no less. ;) Jethr0 you got it....not the coin though!  :p

Here is what I was going for when I took the shot. it was just a small portion of a section of it thata was 20+ miles away as the crow flies. Wanted that island and mountains 'compressed thought that would look good as a sort of abstract when printed on canvas. Below is what hangs in our dining room a 20x30 canvas print of that small section see how fast you can locate that in the original. Apologize for the crappy shot, done with a little P&S in a hurry just for this, but maybe you get the idea. So once again congrats Jethr0

Hell of a crop!

Congrats Jethr0

I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, terrified, like his passengers.

Bianchi
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
USA
Feb 14, 2017 19:32 |  #1301

Congrats Jethro

My Gear flickrexternal link

Intheswamp
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Feb 14, 2017 22:20 |  #1302

Congratulations Jethro!

www.beeweather.comexternal link

Jethr0
Joined Aug 2012
ON, Canada
Feb 15, 2017 08:22 as a reply to post 18260077 |  #1303

...now compiled into a single, easy to locate thread, that can be added to your subscribe/follow list!

Rules are simple:

• Download the image file from the current week

• Contestants will have 7 days to edit the image and post their edited version to the thread (1 entry per week)

• The owner of the original image will choose a winner

• The winner will copy & paste this post and include a new downloadable image link

The new image must be unedited / SOOC (straight our of camera), full-resolution, and in a RAW format, ie. CR2, DNG, TIF, etc
    (Dropbox works well for uploading and linking these large files)

The purpose of this game is to be creative and learn new editing techniques. You must give some insight into exactly how you went about editing the image. For example, increased shadows sliders, reduced highlights, local sharpening, white balance adjustment, specific filters used, tone curve adjustments, etc. Comments and/or questions regarding the edits are encouraged.

This pic is from last year's Canadian Touring Car Championship race in my home town. This was the last race of the season - with the Super Class season podium being up for grabs. The 3 cars in this pic were almost literally driving the wheels off their race cars, literally flying around corners (on 2 wheels).

Winner will be chosen 2/22. Hope you have fun with this one.

Dropbox RAW file:

https://www.dropbox.co​m ...0161001-193A5915.CR2?dl=0 (external link)

SOOC jpeg

HOSTED PHOTO

Benitoite
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Morgan Hill, CA
Feb 15, 2017 10:48 |  #1304

With various curves adjusted in L*a*b* space, gamut remap lookup table applied with a matching dcp from Rawtherapee.

HOSTED PHOTO

Jethr0
Joined Aug 2012
ON, Canada
Feb 18, 2017 20:50 |  #1305

Well. It would seem I killed the challenge this time around. I thought a challenging pic would be interesting to tackle.

sponsored links

202,830 views & 2579 likes for this thread
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.