Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera
Thread started 24 Dec 2016 (Saturday) 17:09
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

7D MKii gets the boot.

ksbal
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2010
N.E. Kansas
Jan 26, 2017 13:54 |  #46

K Soze wrote in post #18255999 (external link)
Well right now I am glad I kept it. My shiny new 1DX II broke. Focusing screen will not stay in keeps coming loose. So it is the back up to my back up and a fair weather wildlife body.

I guess if I need two bodies I should keep three.

ACK!!! my condolences! :-(

YN622 English User Guide/Manual by Clive
https://drive.google.c​om ...Ig0gMMzZFaDVlZ1VNTE​0/view (external link)

sponsored links
K ­ Soze
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2011
Jan 26, 2017 14:21 as a reply to post 18256062 |  #47

Yep under warranty. They all are still right? Has it been a year?

I try to make art by pushing buttons

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,623 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Jan 26, 2017 14:53 |  #48

K Soze wrote in post #18256101 (external link)
Yep under warranty. They all are still right? Has it been a year?

Good point, it is coming up on a year very soon!

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
Joined Jul 2013
Jan 26, 2017 23:13 |  #49

Just did the shutter count on my 7Dii in preps for selling. Only 33k ish shots. I'd thought way more.
It's give me the largest number of BIFs in my collection....so why sell?
Pixel density comments are very true and in BIF shooting it has the advantage over the 1DXii when
the birds are demanding of a cropping in post.
For medium distances the 1DXii is hard to beat and will always have the low light advantage in super spades.
I'm prepping mine for a new home because I'm getting ready for the 7Diii and knowing re-sale value will take a hit
if I wait too long.
There is another issue I'm dealing with-the Sony a99ii.
I've never seen a camera like it. It is like Sony melded my 5Dsr and the 1DXii, luckily Sony's lens selection
is mediocre at best or I'd equally be waiting for the a77iii.
Now the 6Dii is on the books (it is isn't it??) Canon is surely moving on the 7Diii.
The only monkey that could fly into the ointment of wrenches is if Sony updates an a-mount 400mm.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

K ­ Soze
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2011
Jan 27, 2017 06:41 |  #50

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #18256532 (external link)
Just did the shutter count on my 7Dii in preps for selling. Only 33k ish shots. I'd thought way more.
It's give me the largest number of BIFs in my collection....so why sell?
Pixel density comments are very true and in BIF shooting it has the advantage over the 1DXii when
the birds are demanding of a cropping in post.
For medium distances the 1DXii is hard to beat and will always have the low light advantage in super spades.
I'm prepping mine for a new home because I'm getting ready for the 7Diii and knowing re-sale value will take a hit
if I wait too long.
There is another issue I'm dealing with-the Sony a99ii.
I've never seen a camera like it. It is like Sony melded my 5Dsr and the 1DXii, luckily Sony's lens selection
is mediocre at best or I'd equally be waiting for the a77iii.
Now the 6Dii is on the books (it is isn't it??) Canon is surely moving on the 7Diii.
The only monkey that could fly into the ointment of wrenches is if Sony updates an a-mount 400mm.

Same as my thinking except for the Sony part. I know they are good cameras, I am just too invested in Canon glass to make a move.

I try to make art by pushing buttons

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
11,836 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Post has been edited 8 months ago by digital paradise.
Jan 29, 2017 08:25 |  #51

Bassat wrote in post #18245124 (external link)
For the sake of clarity, I'd like to point out a few things. I do NOT believe the 7D2 has an inherent focus problem. I DO believe some small percentage (way less than 1% - guessing) of 7D2 users had an actual problem with the camera. I DO believe the 7D2 suffered from one of the same issues that plagued the original 7D: users new to the AF system, who struggled with it, for whatever reason.

The 80D has much the same AF-configurability as my 1DIV. I never needed 'spot' AF, or the super-duper-souped-up racing AF of the 7D2 on my 1DIV. I assumed, rightfully so so far, that the 80D would meet my needs.

I agree. After several attempts Canon replaced the mirror box assembly for one of the members at POTN and it was a different camera. Others just needed calibration. No different than one member who had issues with their 5D4 and Canon calibrated it.

Image Editing OK

Websiteexternal link ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

Diamonddec
75 posts
Joined Jan 2012
Feb 17, 2017 03:49 |  #52

Jotto123 wrote in post #18244886 (external link)
I remember a couple years back people said they could spot a photo taken with the 7d based on the look. Seems both the 7d and 7d2 have that same dull image quality.

For the 7d people blamed the strong anti-aliasing filter and pixel density. I remember being disappointed when my t2i had better IQ than my 7d despite the later being an upgrade.

Agreed. I made the upgrade from 55Od to 7d and strongly felt that the IQ from the rebel was better. I regretted selling it immediately. It was just easier to get better pictures IMO.

My Snaps external link

TreeburnerCT
Joined Dec 2016
Stratford, CT, USA
Feb 19, 2017 09:31 |  #53

I considered an 80D as an upgrade from my T6s, but went with the 7d2 instead. Burst shooting is significantly better in the 7d2, not because of higher burst fps but rather because the dual processors clear the buffer so much faster. The buffer on my T6s filled fast, and then you're stuck shooting at like 2fps until the buffer clears. I do miss the articulating touch screen sometimes, but that really comes down to having the best tool for the job at hand.

It all depends on what you shoot. The 7d2 is great for moving subjects especially when you want to get just the right angle or look by shooting a long burst. If you primarily shoot static targets and use a tripod often you will probably prefer the articulating touch screen of the 80D which allows you to shoot from a variety of angles and get your shot framed and focused perfectly. I ended up picking up a Canon M3 as a backup to my 7d2, for shooting landscapes, portraits and other slower-rate shooting where live view is more practical to use.

If you buy for specs only and not for the features you need for the type of shooting you do you're just going to end up with a fancy camera that may or may not fit your needs.

-Joe

RapidPhotoCT.com (external link) | RapidPhotoCT Facebook (external link) | RapidPhotoCT Instagram (external link)

sponsored links

6,483 views & 26 likes for this thread
7D MKii gets the boot.
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.