Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 03 Mar 2017 (Friday) 16:12
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

EXIF info of Lens does not appear in Windows 10

Paco43
64 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Temecula Ca
Post has been edited 3 months ago by Paco43.
Mar 03, 2017 16:12 |  #1

I have a 7DMK2 and a few lenses. I cannot see any Lens Name or Make when exported to Win 10, Picture Folder. I have transferred them to my iPhone and opened with an app and ALL Lens Info is there. Am I doing something wrong in Windows? Thanks

Canon 7DMK2, Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS, Canon 24-105 f4L, Canon 70-300 f4.0, Canon 50 f1.4, Sigma 18-50 f3.5, EF 2x II, Speedlite 580EX II, Canon SX710 IS, Canon VIXIA HV30, Canon Macro 100 f2.8 L IS

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Mar 03, 2017 18:08 |  #2

What software? I can't see any of the lens details, Length, Maker, or Model in Windows Finder, although I can see the exposure details. It shows up fine in Bridge and LR though. I am looking at CR2's though, since I don't keep local copies of JPEG files on my computer, I just export from LR as and when files are needed.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

AZGeorge
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2010
Southen Arizona
Mar 06, 2017 10:36 |  #3

You might want to look at the File Properties/Details (right click on file, choose properties, details tab). The info is likely there and the way you are viewing is just ignoring it.

George
Democracy Dies in Darkness

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Mar 06, 2017 13:39 |  #4

George when I went to look at this to see what I get, in an effort to help the OP, I don't see the maker name or model details for the lens, either in the main window, when I select them as tabs to show, or in the details tab when you bring up the Properties dialogue. I do see the lens details in both Bridge and Lightroom though as well as Fast Raw Viewer. In my case they are Canon CR2 files, as I don't keep JPEG files on my local drives. I'm guessing this must be an issue with MS, since I can see that the information is present when viewing in other programs.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

571 views & 0 likes for this thread
EXIF info of Lens does not appear in Windows 10
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.