Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings
Thread started 15 Jul 2010 (Thursday) 14:37
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography

Caspita
685 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Mar 03, 2017 07:33 |  #8911

Haven't posted in here in ages...here's some recent work for a hotel and bedding collaboration.

IMAGE: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh205/Caspita33/Frette%20St.Regis_0077_zpsisv8sxck.jpg

IMAGE: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh205/Caspita33/Frette%20St.Regis_0061_zps3gz3xcbh.jpg

IMAGE: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh205/Caspita33/Frette%20St.Regis_0067_zps71slaxuv.jpg

IMAGE: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh205/Caspita33/Frette%20St.Regis_0140_zpsbizgwc1x.jpg

IMAGE: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh205/Caspita33/Frette%20St.Regis_0200_zpscxtjyhmr.jpg

Casp
Fine Art Site (external link) | Commercial Site (external link)

sponsored links
TRhoads
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2009
Roswell, Georgia
Mar 03, 2017 07:43 |  #8912

Caspita wrote in post #18290532 (external link)
Haven't posted in here in ages...here's some recent work for a hotel and bedding collaboration.

QUOTED IMAGE

Care to share a little about how that one was lit...as a hotel architect and also doing our own photography, it is an appealing image to me, not overlit, with a natural feel. Too often hotels are lit too much, and it doesn't feel natural, and it might be misleading to a guest looking at the images on the hotel website.

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Post has been edited 8 months ago by dmward.
Mar 04, 2017 08:44 |  #8913

TRhoads wrote in post #18290536 (external link)
Care to share a little about how that one was lit...as a hotel architect and also doing our own photography, it is an appealing image to me, not overlit, with a natural feel. Too often hotels are lit too much, and it doesn't feel natural, and it might be misleading to a guest looking at the images on the hotel website.

Given the shadows on the bed, night stand and elsewhere, I'm going to reverse engineer the lighting to be ambient sublimated by a flash of some sort in a relatively small modifier. Maybe direct.
That flash light makes it sparkle but also adds a bit of unreality since hotel rooms are notoriously underlit except for light from the window.
Considering that these were shot also to highlight the bed clothing, the use of harder skimming light is useful for drawing attention to the fabric patterns and texture.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

Caspita
685 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Mar 04, 2017 08:50 |  #8914

TRhoads wrote in post #18290536 (external link)

The client's description and lookbook clearly stated that they did not want what the overlit unnatural looking photos as it was not consistent with the brand. All of the photographs were a single exposure using continuous LED lights as the source. The lights all had barn doors, which allowed to direct that light and control the shadows.

Casp
Fine Art Site (external link) | Commercial Site (external link)

joooowan
Joined Jan 2009
Post has been edited 8 months ago by joooowan.
Mar 04, 2017 10:28 |  #8915

Caspita wrote in post #18291456 (external link)
The client's description and lookbook clearly stated that they did not want what the overlit unnatural looking photos as it was not consistent with the brand. All of the photographs were a single exposure using continuous LED lights as the source. The lights all had barn doors, which allowed to direct that light and control the shadows.

Just took a look at your websites, some great stuff. How does one go about being on the path to award winning?

CC welcome.

seaLere
Joined Mar 2013
Rapid City, SD
Mar 08, 2017 18:30 |  #8916

A nice little $2.5 million dollar listing, 8000 sq ft.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 6D | Canon 60D | Canon 17-40 f4 L | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Canon 70-200 2.8L | Lots of lights | A huge wishlist | A big dream
- www.codylere.com (external link) - Architectural and Interiors Photography

seaLere
Joined Mar 2013
Rapid City, SD
Mar 08, 2017 18:33 |  #8917

Holds 1000 bottles of wine (that would never survive more than a week in my house).

And probably my favorite bathroom shot so far. I've always been disappointed with my bathrooms.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 6D | Canon 60D | Canon 17-40 f4 L | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Canon 70-200 2.8L | Lots of lights | A huge wishlist | A big dream

digirebelva
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Mar 09, 2017 13:29 |  #8918

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3928/32959913320_63028eb373_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Sdya​VA] (external link)HM-Kitchen (external link) by Tim Wilson (external link), on Flickr

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

viphoto100
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Apr 2013
Mar 10, 2017 16:12 |  #8919

A couple of photos I like form a recent shoot.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Brules
Joined Jun 2010
OKC
Mar 10, 2017 17:34 |  #8920

I want that house lol! What a view!!!!!

S100 | 5D III | 16-35 F4 IS L | 35 F1.4L | 40 2.8 | 85 F1.2 II L | 135 F2 L | 70-200 F2.8 IS II L

theimagepoint
Joined Feb 2007
California
Mar 10, 2017 20:30 as a reply to viphoto100's post |  #8921

Fantastic Images....

http://alexcentrella.c​omexternal link
all canon . . . .

mltn
Joined Sep 2010
Mar 13, 2017 14:17 |  #8922

Heads up folks, B&H is selling the CamRanger for $100 off at $199 right now for about 9 more hours:

https://www.bhphotovid​eo.com ...alZone.jsp?sku=9694​50-REG (external link)

I finally bit the bullet on one of these guys, the 6D wifi has been just good enough, but excited to upgrade.

seaLere
Joined Mar 2013
Rapid City, SD
Mar 13, 2017 21:25 |  #8923

mltn wrote in post #18299942 (external link)
Heads up folks, B&H is selling the CamRanger for $100 off at $199 right now for about 9 more hours:

https://www.bhphotovid​eo.com ...alZone.jsp?sku=9694​50-REG (external link)

I finally bit the bullet on one of these guys, the 6D wifi has been just good enough, but excited to upgrade.

I just went with the $30 router and called it good. Works perfect for me and it's the same piece of hardware without a camranger sticker lol. Camranger software is probably a little bit more stable than the qdslrdashboard though.

joooowan
Joined Jan 2009
Mar 13, 2017 22:22 |  #8924

I actually found the dslrcontroller app which uses the exact same hardware as camranger. I can do a side by side comparison when I get a chance.

CC welcome.

mltn
Joined Sep 2010
Mar 14, 2017 17:08 |  #8925

seaLere wrote in post #18300288 (external link)
I just went with the $30 router and called it good. Works perfect for me and it's the same piece of hardware without a camranger sticker lol. Camranger software is probably a little bit more stable than the qdslrdashboard though.

I looked into that, and the stability along with the feature set was my concern. That was a while ago though, I'm sure it has improved since then. One of the reasons I upgraded was to be able to easily tether to multiple devices, including my macbook, whereas the 6D can only tether to one at a time and it doesn't seem easy to switch. The EOS app can be so frustrating to use, so I'm hoping for a big improvement there. Getting similar results for less than $200 is really appealing, but I think at this point I'm willing to pay if it's as good as everyone says it is.

sponsored links

1,187,443 views & 1154 likes for this thread
A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.