Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Accessories
Thread started 10 Mar 2017 (Friday) 00:10
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Nikon PB-6 Modular Bellows System

Wildlife ­ Lover
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Jan 2017
Mar 10, 2017 00:10 |  #1
banned

IMAGE: http://www.thenaturephotographer.club/thumbnails/1/1_thumb_0000002016_large.jpg

I have painstakingly collected mint components of every aspect of the Nikon PB-6 Modular Bellows system, and this is the first image I have tried to take with it, dipping my "toe" in the water, so-to-speak.

This tiny crab spider is about 7mm (1/4") wide: she'd fit on your pinky fingernail :)
I used a Nikon D810 + Nikkor AI-S 50mm f/1.2, reversed, on the PB-6 @ an approximate reproduction ratio of 4:1. (It is a 23-image stack.)

It is really not that high-mag, compared to what the full system is capable of, but again I am just dipping my toe in the water.

BTW, this is a pregnant Mecaphesa sp. of Crab Spider, who is missing her right front leg :(

I am thrilled with the results and handling of the PB-6 Bellows, but know that I can do better, as I grow accustomed to it.

Despite the magnification, I did not use any flash at all. Nor was it natural light. I have been working on my studio lighting, as I don't like the look of "flash dots." I have been working with reverse-lenses in-studio and am getting my lighting to where (I think) it looks like a natural-light shot taken outside, no flash. (I use live specimens only, nothing dead.)

Would appreciate any constructive criticism, thanks.

Jack

497 views & 0 likes for this thread
Nikon PB-6 Modular Bellows System
FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Accessories

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.