Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Lenses
Thread started 29 Dec 2016 (Thursday) 15:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Which has the faster auto focus and IQ

St ­ Bernard
147 posts
Joined Feb 2013
Post has been edited 10 months ago by St Bernard.
Dec 29, 2016 15:46 |  #1

Of these two lenses which has the best IQ and faster focusing the Nikon 200-500 or the new Tamron 150-600 G2 series especially for birds in flight? Thanks

Bill

tdlavigne
303 posts
Joined Mar 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Dec 31, 2016 22:04 |  #2

Note: I have neither, but was recently considering both.

All reviews seem to suggest the Nikon is a tad sharper, and noticeably faster for AF. That'd mirror my experiences with other lenses compared to Tamron. OEM is always (again in my experience) faster and more reliable as far as AF goes. That being said, the Tamron is notably better from 501mm - 600mm ;) Just depends on how important that tidbit is to you I guess.

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,628 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Mar 11, 2017 23:59 |  #3

The Nikon is faster. The G2 loses some detail above 450mm wide open, the Nikon stays very sharp up to 500mm.

898 views & 1 like for this thread
Which has the faster auto focus and IQ
FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Lenses

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.