Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 30 Jul 2014 (Wednesday) 13:39
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

6D Owners Unite! Discuss and post Photos! (2)

Perfectly ­ Frank
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2010
Post has been edited 7 months ago by Perfectly Frank.
Mar 13, 2017 14:39 |  #7096

Ready for anything...

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7004/26271842164_90e16aeaec_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/G2y4​nW] (external link)You will comply! (external link) by bigbend700 (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7520/26809592291_71363f4885_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/GR5a​KR] (external link)Before the parade begins (external link) by bigbend700 (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1713/24428697576_48e266f8fb_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/DdFs​GY] (external link)Sheriff's truck at the 2016 Rose Parade (external link) by bigbend700 (external link), on Flickr

My flickr albums (external link)
My Best Aviation Photos (external link)

sponsored links
corndog ­ cabernet
Joined May 2010
State of chaos
Mar 13, 2017 15:01 |  #7097

Pretty sad commentary on our society when cops are donning full military attire and assault weapons. Skin headed and portly. And this is how the Sheriff's dept. chose to present itself at the Rose Parade. Allrightly then!

evolyllaphotography
Joined Dec 2016
Toronto
Mar 13, 2017 15:36 |  #7098

The wifi function on both of my 6D's stopped working after 2+ years. Anyone encountering the same problem and is there a DIY way to fix it?

Toronto Documentary Wedding Photographer | Evolylla Photography (external link)
follow me on Instagram (external link); follow me on Facebook (external link); Canon shooter

Intheswamp
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Mar 13, 2017 18:04 |  #7099

corndog cabernet wrote in post #18299971 (external link)
Pretty sad commentary on our society when cops are donning full military attire and assault weapons. Skin headed and portly. And this is how the Sheriff's dept. chose to present itself at the Rose Parade. Allrightly then!

"Skin headed and portly." Really? In this forum...??? :rolleyes:

www.beeweather.comexternal link

greenjeans
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2010
Greenville, SC
Mar 13, 2017 21:41 |  #7100

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2904/32586621914_cb5937f1d6_z.jpg

Great Blue Heron

Gripped 6D, gripped 70D, gripped T3i, 24-105 F4L, 50mm 1.8, 55-250mm, 18-135mm, 60mm EF-S macro, 70-200 F4L IS, 400mm F5.6L, 18-55mm IS STM, Canon 85mm 1.8, Sigma 150-600mm C., Sigma 100-400mm C, Samyang 8mm 3.5 fisheye

corndog ­ cabernet
Joined May 2010
State of chaos
Mar 14, 2017 03:35 |  #7101

Intheswamp wrote in post #18300125 (external link)
"Skin headed and portly." Really? In this forum...??? :rolleyes:

That's right. A commentary. I didn't post the the pic. Deal with it.

saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
Joined Jan 2010
Florida
Mar 14, 2017 07:06 |  #7102

corndog cabernet wrote in post #18299971 (external link)

corndog cabernet wrote in post #18300479 (external link)
That's right. A commentary. I didn't post the the pic. Deal with it.

These guys don't look particularly 'portly', which, at least to me, means over weight and not in great shape. I've seen a lot worse. They probably cut their hair very short because if they get into a fight there is nothing up there for someone to grab hold of.

Any one that puts on this kind of equipment and walks out of their house every day knowing full well there is a possibility they may never return to their loved ones has every ounce of respect I can muster.

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob

Intheswamp
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Mar 14, 2017 07:27 as a reply to saea501's post |  #7103

Well said, Bob.

jamganz
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2011
New York
Mar 14, 2017 09:40 |  #7104

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2945/33375698716_ec31b3f40c_c.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/SRib​rj] (external link)Going underground (external link) by jamganz (external link), on Flickr

corndog ­ cabernet
Joined May 2010
State of chaos
Post has been last edited 7 months ago by corndog cabernet. 3 edits done in total.
Mar 14, 2017 13:02 |  #7105

saea501 wrote in post #18300562 (external link)
These guys don't look particularly 'portly', which, at least to me, means over weight and not in great shape. I've seen a lot worse. They probably cut their hair very short because if they get into a fight there is nothing up there for someone to grab hold of.

Any one that puts on this kind of equipment and walks out of their house every day knowing full well there is a possibility they may never return to their loved ones has every ounce of respect I can muster.

My point was directed primarily towards the corruption laden LA County Sheriff's Department and not to the individual cops. That the new model to represent police isn't community service, you know, "Protect and to Serve", but portray themselves as a paramilitary force.

I'm glad you have a lot of respect for police because of the risk of their work. You must, of course, really be impressed by people in the following occupations as their risk of death is greater and in some cases far greater.

There's a bonus too. When you go up to your trash collector to thank them for their unselfish service you stand an infinitely smaller risk of being shot because you may be retarded, don't speak their language, are holding a screwdriver, or reached into your pocket for that gift certificate you wanted to give them.

Death Rate Per 100,000
1. Logging workers: 128.8
2. Fishers and related fishing workers: 117
3. Aircraft pilot and flight engineers: 53.4
4. Roofers: 40.5
5. Structural iron and steel workers: 37
6. Refuse and recyclable material collectors: 27.1
7. Electrical power-line installers and repairers: 23
8. Drivers/sales workers and truck drivers: 22.1
9. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers: 21.3
10. Construction laborers: 17.4

The death rate for police is 12.6 per hundred thousand.
And..Most policemen killed on the job die in accidents (mostly auto), not from firearm assault, according to the FBI.

Police do have much better PR people however.

Someone will want to call me out for expressing my opinion about these photos but, to me, they are provocative and should be able to withstand my critique. Mythology aside.

Intheswamp
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Mar 14, 2017 13:32 |  #7106

I agree that those occupations are dangerous, but I don't think that out of the numbers listed that 40-50 percent of those killed are *intentionally* killed at work by other humans. Going to a job where you may accidentally be killed and going to one where you intentionally may be killed are entirely two different things...and each require very different attitudes...and respect. This conversation has gone off on a tangent from the purpose of this forum and thread, though. I apologize to the POTN group for being part of this sub-discussion and will refrain from participating in it any further.

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jul 2012
Portland OR USA
Mar 14, 2017 13:52 |  #7107

corndog cabernet wrote in post #18300840 (external link)
My point was directed primarily towards the corruption laden LA County Sheriff's Department and not to the individual cops. That the new model to represent police isn't community service, you know, "Protect and to Serve", but portray themselves as a paramilitary force.

I'm glad you have a lot of respect for police because of the risk of their work. You must, of course, really be impressed by people in the following occupations as their risk of death is greater and in some cases far greater.

There's a bonus too. When you go up to your trash collector to thank them for their unselfish service you stand an infinitely smaller risk of being shot because you may be retarded, don't speak their language, are holding a screwdriver, or reached into your pocket for that gift certificate you wanted to give them.

Death Rate Per 100,000
1. Logging workers: 128.8
2. Fishers and related fishing workers: 117
3. Aircraft pilot and flight engineers: 53.4
4. Roofers: 40.5
5. Structural iron and steel workers: 37
6. Refuse and recyclable material collectors: 27.1
7. Electrical power-line installers and repairers: 23
8. Drivers/sales workers and truck drivers: 22.1
9. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers: 21.3
10. Construction laborers: 17.4

The death rate for police is 12.6 per hundred thousand.
And..Most policemen killed on the job die in accidents (mostly auto), not from firearm assault, according to the FBI.

Police do have much better PR people however.

Someone will want to call me out for expressing my opinion about these photos but, to me, they are provocative and should be able to withstand my critique. Mythology aside.

While I am 1000% aligned with you on this (being a POC, we sometimes have a very different perspective on police militarization), I am not sure this is the right forum for discussing this.

Sam
6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

flickr (external link)
If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

corndog ­ cabernet
Joined May 2010
State of chaos
Mar 14, 2017 14:00 |  #7108

Scrumhalf wrote in post #18300887 (external link)
While I am 1000% aligned with you on this (being a POC, we sometimes have a very different perspective on police militarization), I am not sure this is the right forum for discussing this.

Agreed. No more from me.

Perfectly ­ Frank
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2010
Mar 14, 2017 14:59 |  #7109

corndog cabernet wrote in post #18300896 (external link)
Agreed. No more from me.

Promise? ;-)a

My flickr albums (external link)
My Best Aviation Photos (external link)

kiwichris
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2008
Milford Auckland NZ
Mar 14, 2017 20:41 as a reply to corndog cabernet's post |  #7110

Problem is it is not exactly a comment on the photo.

It's not what you call your own that's important, who calls you their own is. 6D and glass
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/chriswaynzpics/external link

sponsored links

1,556,444 views & 14794 likes for this thread
6D Owners Unite! Discuss and post Photos! (2)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.