Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Underwater Photography
Thread started 21 Mar 2017 (Tuesday) 06:56
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Cozumel February 2017

gug
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2011
Post has been last edited 7 months ago by gug. 4 edits done in total.
Mar 25, 2017 06:25 |  #16

plantastic wrote in post #18310090 (external link)
Wow, nice series! What kind of strobe setup are you using? Your pics show good light and color balance! Very impressive resolution for the G16.

Thank You!

There is no strobe involved. I have a Fantasea G16 (external link) <<<(Click on link)and I only use the flash diffuser plate with the camera flash that comes with the housing. I adjust my flash intensity according to depth and light. The Fantasea flash diffuser plate eliminates any hotspots if the flash intensity is adjusted correctly. Oh, one other adjustment to the G16 is using the underwater mode for shooting.

If you like the pics, check out some of the Reef and Pelagic Videos (external link). This link is to my Flickr page. There is also a video legend created to tell you of each one.

sponsored links
plantastic
Joined Sep 2010
Isolated land mass
Mar 25, 2017 13:11 as a reply to gug's post |  #17

Thank you for the response and link!

I checked out your flikr stream. Good stuff! And, looks like you had a great time! I am impressed with the density and diversity of marine life in Cozumel. Your G16 setup seems like a perfect and easy to use "rig", for scuba!

gug
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2011
Mar 26, 2017 05:48 as a reply to plantastic's post |  #18

Thank You. It is a great outfit for SCUBA.

cicopo
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Mar 26, 2017 13:35 |  #19

Looks like we were both in Cozumel in Feb again. I'm quite surprised by how bright your images are for no strobes. Maybe it's the fact most are very close to the camera. Either way NICE photos.

A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought.

gug
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2011
Mar 27, 2017 04:43 |  #20

cicopo wrote in post #18311425 (external link)
Looks like we were both in Cozumel in Feb again. I'm quite surprised by how bright your images are for no strobes. Maybe it's the fact most are very close to the camera. Either way NICE photos.

Who do you dive through? I have been with Dive with Martin for years. As for the camera, I get pretty close to subjects.

cicopo
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Mar 27, 2017 10:33 |  #21

I dive with a few ops because I have so many friends I like to stay in touch with. My primary choice (best price to service rendered) is Tres Pelicanos & I did 6 days with them & 2 days with Blue XT Sea this year. Miguel at DWM is another friend from his time with Pelagic Ventures. I stay at Hotel Cozumel & although rare do the odd dive with Dive Paradise too. I've been going to Coz on a regular basis since 95.

A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought.

Littleoldman
197 posts
Joined Sep 2011
May 04, 2017 16:49 |  #22

So many color combinations under water.

gug
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2011
May 09, 2017 08:05 |  #23

plantastic wrote in post #18310090 (external link)
Wow, nice series! What kind of strobe setup are you using? Your pics show good light and color balance! Very impressive resolution for the G16.

Thank You. I am not using a strobe. I have a diffuser plate on the U/W housing that I keep in place to avoid hotspots. I then adjust the flash accordingly at depth to apply sufficient light. I generally adjust the flash to no more than "+1" and down to "-2". The G16 is in U/W Mode and all pics are shot in Program Mode.

sponsored links

2,797 views & 19 likes for this thread
Cozumel February 2017
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Underwater Photography

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.