Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 30 Mar 2017 (Thursday) 05:42
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

New for Adobe

chauncey
Cream of the Crop
9,693 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007
MI/CO
Mar 30, 2017 05:42 |  #1

Take a look-see...https://thenextweb.com ...to-another/#.tnw_uYG6IPB6 (external link)

The things you do for yourself die with you, the things you do for others live forever.
A man's worth should be judged, not when he basks in the sun, but how he faces the storm.

My stuff...http://1x.com/member/c​hauncey43external link

sponsored links
tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,364 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Gesher Haziv, Israel
Post has been edited 6 months ago by tzalman.
Mar 30, 2017 09:18 |  #2

OMG! This will reduce traffic on POTN by 50%  :p

Elie / אלי

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,028 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Post has been last edited 6 months ago by Wilt. 2 edits done in total.
Mar 30, 2017 09:25 |  #3

tzalman wrote in post #18314811 (external link)
OMG! This will reduce traffic on POTN by 50%  :p

No more long threads about "How do I get my pictures to look like this...?"
post #2: "Use Adobe (name) to replicate the look"

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

shumicse
160 posts
Joined Aug 2013
Mar 31, 2017 05:12 |  #4

Wilt wrote in post #18314814 (external link)
No more long threads about "How do I get my pictures to look like this...?"
post #2: "Use Adobe (name) to replicate the look"

hahahaha so true it is!

chauncey
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
9,693 posts
Joined Jun 2007
MI/CO
Mar 31, 2017 06:04 |  #5

But...is it then completely mine?

To carry it further...were I to capture an image from a video game or movie, alter it to my whims...
would the resulting image be mine to do with what I want?

The things you do for yourself die with you, the things you do for others live forever.
A man's worth should be judged, not when he basks in the sun, but how he faces the storm.

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
15,570 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined Dec 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Post has been edited 6 months ago by sapearl.
Mar 31, 2017 07:17 |  #6

chauncey wrote in post #18315558 (external link)
But...is it then completely mine?

To carry it further...were I to capture an image from a video game or movie, alter it to my whims...
would the resulting image be mine to do with what I want?

Well, that gets to the whole issue of appropriation which has been debated in the art world for some time. It's about as much fun as debating about using "protective filters" on a lens or not, except that with the former people have been sued.

The big difference here as I see it is that it's the STYLE that is being copied, and not the actual content/composition, unless somebody manually does that. It's like if I decided to paint in the style of Thomas Kincaid, or Norman Rockwell, or Dali. If I make a really superb copy of the original that looks real, that's called forgery. If it's bad enough then it's just called lousy art.

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITEexternal link- MY GALLERIESexternal link- MY BLOGexternal link
Artists Archives of the Western Reserveexternal link - Board

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Mar 31, 2017 09:45 |  #7

Adobe already has an app for mobiles and tablets called Capture that has some basic but similar functionality. It has four modes, one which allows you to capture an image, and convert it directly to a vector path for use in PS or Illustrator. two of the other functions allow you to select half a dozen points, which will try to pick up on the main colours in the image, or allow manual selection so that you can build a specific pallet of colours again for use in the other suite applications. As well as the specific colour picker it also has a style picker which is automatic, and pulls the majority of the "spot" colours in the image as a colour style set. The last function allows you to convert the camera image to a PS brush.

Maybe not really hugely useful for photography, but probably really nice for graphic and web designers. I guess it can help when you need to pull general corporate colours when pitching for new clients etc.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

chauncey
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
9,693 posts
Joined Jun 2007
MI/CO
Mar 31, 2017 11:10 |  #8

Ok, so I can copy the style, but not duplicate the image...right?

mikeearly
Joined Aug 2007
Chester, VA
Mar 31, 2017 12:52 |  #9

Thanks for posting this .... I find it very cool ... not sure how often I would use it however....

Mike Early
http://www.mdephoto.co​mexternal link

ejenner
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2011
Denver, CO
Apr 01, 2017 21:50 |  #10

It might actually be useful for ones own work. If you work on an image and then apply the same style to other similar ones to see which you prefer. I often have this issue and I don't want to spend 30mins on each shot to get them to where I can decide which I prefer.

Could be interesting to see what people do with it though.

The results look like they might have some weirdness to them like edges in the clouds.

Edward Jenner
5DIII, 7DII, M6, GX1 II,M11-22, Sig15mm FE,16-35 F4,TS-E 17,Sig 18-250 OS Macro,M18-150,24-105,T45 1.8VC,70-200 f4 IS,70-200 2.8 vII,Sig 85 1.4,100L,135L,400DOII.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/48305795@N03/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/edward.jenner.372/p​hotos (external link)

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
11,851 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Apr 03, 2017 06:33 |  #11

It will only available for subscription is my guess. Others and 3rd party plugins will follow.

Image Editing OK

Websiteexternal link ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Apr 03, 2017 07:10 |  #12

digital paradise wrote in post #18318127 (external link)
It will only available for subscription is my guess. Others and 3rd party plugins will follow.

Well I have been looking at some of the other new Adobe stuff: Project Felix (Fe, easy to use 3D compositing program), Fuse (Fs, create from a parts catalogue, manipulate, and then animate 3D people), Character Animator (Ch, 2D character animation using webcam for motion capture), and Experience Design (Xd, rapid iOS/Android/Web App design and prototyping); these seem to have gone through a process of free public Beta, then to Preview, to eventually becoming part of the CC Suite. It seems that the Betas are fully open to anyone, and the Preview option requires a paid for CC subscription. So it seems that you might get to play with the first versions for free, even without an Adobe account. It's not surprising that these new products end up in the Creative Cloud suite, since Software as a Service is so obviously Adobe's new prefered marketing policy for everything other than their basic, for non professionals, Elements series.

Adobe also seem to have brought out a whole raft of apps for small devices, tablets and phones, which work with and extend some of the CC suite desktop programs. It is noticeable though that Adobe develop first for iOS, and only then convert to Android. Two of the apps that I would really like are still only on iOS. Also none of it seems to be available for Win 10 or the older Windows Phone systems on small devices. At least the desktop Xd is on both OSX and Win 10, and the demo video I saw from an Adobe seminar was presented on the new large desktop sized Surface thing.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

sponsored links

3,043 views & 0 likes for this thread
New for Adobe
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.