Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk
Thread started 21 Jan 2015 (Wednesday) 11:26
Prev/next

Smart Phone Editing

TooManyHobbies
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006
Raleigh, NC, USA!
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by TooManyHobbies.
Aug 12, 2015 21:53 |  #16

I really wanted to post when I could type at a computer to give a more detailed work flow but since that may be awhile here is some now. This is done on my Samsung Note 3 which hss a stylus...

PHONE EDITOR PRO
perspective correction
Backlight
Dodge and burn using Gamma effect brush
Rotate and Crop
Effects

PHOTOSUITE PROFESSIONAL
liquid brush ~ I am still looking for a better app for this

PERFECTLY CLEAR
beauty corrections
Final tweak and sharpen

BEFUNKY PRO
effects

DRAMATIC BLACK AND WHITE
sometimes use

I use other apps and other features of the apps I listed less frequently and I probably have another 6 editors

~ Jeff

Canon EOS-1DX & 1Ds MkIII, 20D(IR), G12, G9, G5, ... Gear List
JMM Photography ~ Discovering Art in Everyday Lifeexternal link | Model Mayhem #675060external link

TooManyHobbies
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006
Raleigh, NC, USA!
Aug 12, 2015 21:56 |  #17

And yes I have tried all Adobe apps but use them rarely although that msy chsnge with the CC integration and new apps coming out

~ Jeff

JMM Photography ~ Discovering Art in Everyday Lifeexternal link | Model Mayhem #675060external link

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Aug 13, 2015 01:24 |  #18

Your non computer based efforts are appreciated.

I will check back when I am on something more than a smartphone
:-D

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

ChunkyDA
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2007
Emerald Coast, FL
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by ChunkyDA.
Aug 16, 2015 13:28 as a reply to TooManyHobbies's post |  #19

I looked in the play store for "phone editor pro" and all it finds is a bunch of photo editors. Who makes the one you like?
I use snapseed on my note 3 but would not trust the phone for a final edit. Colors and brightness are inconsistent.
But back to the question, no. I don't believe models would be interested for the most part. They would be at least using the lighting knowledge they pick up and positioning themselves for better selfies.

Dave
Support Search and Rescue, Get Lostexternal link
Gear list and some feedback

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Left Handed Brisket.
Aug 16, 2015 14:34 |  #20

ChunkyDA wrote in post #17671019 (external link)
I looked in the play store for "phone editor pro" and all it finds is a bunch of photo editors. Who makes the one you like?
I use snapseed on my note 3 but would not trust the phone for a final edit. Colors and brightness are inconsistent.
But back to the question, no. I don't believe models would be interested for the most part. They would be at least using the lighting knowledge they pick up and positioning themselves for better selfies.

as with many things google, they don't do a good job tying all their resources together, a non-store search on google of "PHONE EDITOR PRO" gave me the right link.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

TooManyHobbies
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006
Raleigh, NC, USA!
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by TooManyHobbies.
Aug 16, 2015 17:07 as a reply to ChunkyDA's post |  #21

There is one by dev.Macgyver

It is more powerful than it first appears since thrre are a lot of capabilities not noticeable at 1st 2nd or 3rd

~ Jeff

inwardphoto
Joined Apr 2012
Little Rock, AR
Apr 01, 2017 21:08 |  #22

Old thread but could use some updating.

With the new Lightroom Mobile, and apps like Snapseed, I can travel and not have to carry my laptop with me. For day trips I don't even take my iPad anymore. Depending on time and location and what I'm doing I'll either use wifi or the SD adapter to import. I do carry an external drive then I can transfer photos into for redundancy.

Canon EOS 80D | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 35mm F1.4L II USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG APO OS HSM |

6,276 views & 3 likes for this thread
Smart Phone Editing
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.