Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 26 Mar 2017 (Sunday) 12:56
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Photographer seems to be ignoring me?

drmaxx
Joined Jul 2010
Post has been edited 4 months ago by drmaxx.
Mar 29, 2017 02:15 |  #31

photosbytw wrote in post #18311918 (external link)
Get off facebook and call her..............pisse​d or not you need a face to face.

YES! People underestimate the value of personal interaction. There are times where electronic communication fall short - and this is one of them. A call or personal encounter will help you substantially, either by calming you down or giving you the incentive to go to small claims.

Donate if you love POTN

sponsored links
Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Mar 29, 2017 10:29 as a reply to drmaxx's post |  #32

But the OP has already tried calling her, and she has not answered his calls........did you miss that part?

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

drmaxx
Joined Jul 2010
Mar 29, 2017 12:07 as a reply to Tom Reichner's post |  #33

Yes, I did....:oops:

Donate if you love POTN

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
38,784 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Post has been last edited 4 months ago by Wilt. 4 edits done in total.
Mar 29, 2017 12:19 |  #34

I have found that some folks are terrible about replies of any type, when they do not have a definitive answer! My wife's sister-in-law is someone who exhibits the 'ostrich' behavior to the extreme! She has not paid property taxes or income taxes in about 5 years...the ostrich does not understand that the county can take possession of her house and sell it from under her, for the tax bill. She understands that the IRS can attach bank accounts to pay taxes incurred when she and her husband sold their house and incurred capital gains (20 years of ownership in SF) it happened to them! Yet she does not file income taxes, she had not even thought about the exclusions allowable by the IRS against capital gains on homes, to diminish tax bills. Instead of asking for help, there is ostrich behavior whenever she cannot cope... "if I ignore it, it will go away". She even admits to that as an modus operandi of hers. Perhaps your photographer is an ostrich, too.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
31,471 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been last edited 4 months ago by TeamSpeed. 3 edits done in total.
Apr 07, 2017 20:47 |  #35

I would definitely file a paypal dispute, but put a non confrontational message into that dispute description stating that it has been a month and no contact or goods have been received. Say that you are willing to pay if goods are received but for now nothing had been communicated or received. Consumer laws lay out rules for a 30 day max period by which a vender must either deliver goods that were paid for, or communicate a delay to the consumer, and allow the consumer to back out. It is a mail, internet, or telephone law but since you paid online, I am sure this puts this squarely under this rule.

Past Equipment | My Galleryexternal link
Resources For Sale: High ISO Denoiser Actionexternal link | Focus Genie

Luxx
456 posts
Joined Jan 2013
St Louis
Apr 07, 2017 21:46 |  #36

maybe 10 years ago I had a contractor that I had used multiple times with great experiences suddenly disappear on me. It had never happened before. Finally after a couple of weeks with the job half finished he picked up the phone when I called him. His daughter had been injured and they were at the hospital. He started telling me that he was trying to have a friend of his come out and do the work but he hadn't been able to set it up etc. I told him to stop, not to worry about it and asked if there was anything I could do. His daughter recovered and he finished the work. He has continued to work for me on and off since then and always done a great job.

If this person has worked with you and done a good job multiple times…give her the benefit of the doubt. I suspect that something has happened.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
31,471 posts
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Apr 07, 2017 22:21 as a reply to Luxx's post |  #37

If the person is answering other people on their Facebook page, then I fail to see what could have possibly "happened" where they can't reply to someone that has already paid for a service.

Luxx
456 posts
Joined Jan 2013
St Louis
Apr 08, 2017 18:34 |  #38

I'll admit I don't do Facebook so I don't know if that is true or not. Something seems strange though.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
31,471 posts
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Apr 08, 2017 20:44 as a reply to Luxx's post |  #39

According to reply #3...

http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=18​311414

vraspagraphix
119 posts
Joined Jan 2011
Apr 11, 2017 13:27 |  #40

I would simply write a nice request for her to contact me in re. to the photos. I would also explain that if I did not receive a response within 72 hours that I would file for a Paypal refund. Send it registered mail. If no one accepts your letter within your time frame then file the Paypal request anyway. There is no reason for insults or threats, be polite and follow the law. Downside is that you may never get those photos anyway.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
31,471 posts
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been edited 4 months ago by TeamSpeed.
Apr 11, 2017 13:42 |  #41

Hopefully we get an update or closure to this, but it seems like the new member hasn't visited in nearly 2 weeks now, and they joined to probably create this one thread. Let's see what happens...

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
17,578 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Mar 2006
S.F. Bay Area
Apr 11, 2017 15:52 as a reply to TeamSpeed's post |  #42

Someone needs to go to their house...we need closure!

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)
my 366 for 2016 (external link)

sponsored links

5,119 views & 28 likes for this thread
Photographer seems to be ignoring me?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.