Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 19 Apr 2017 (Wednesday) 14:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Quick and easy solution to annoying power cords (probably only applicable to EU chargers)

ChibiM
154 posts
Joined Jan 2015
South Holland
Apr 19, 2017 14:46 |  #1

In the EU we usually get long power cords with our chargers. So this is probably not very useful info for US members.

Because I still had a few of these 2 prong adapters I decided to take the power cord off and attach one of these adapters. This is great for in your camera bag. No annoying long power cords anymore!

The best way to charge the batteries is putting the charger upside down I think. This will lower the risk to drop the charger once its hanging off the adapter.

Love the outcome!

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2875/33987458672_87e15cc24a_c.jpg

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2932/33302232984_7bd0df053e_c.jpg

Eos M, 5DII, and some lenses.

Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
Joined May 2005
Krikkit
Apr 19, 2017 18:03 |  #2

I kinda wish my chargers had cords on them.

Sevas Tra...

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Post has been edited 4 months ago by Tom Reichner.
Apr 19, 2017 18:58 |  #3

I am glad for you that you found a solution that fits your needs so well.

However, my own needs and preferences are different. I really hated the chargers that came with my old bodies because they didn't have cords on them. That made it impossible to plug them into a surge strip because they took up so much of the surge strip's surface area, hogging the plug-ins to both the right and the left. So they would actually occupy 3 of the plug-ins on my surge strip. Made it a freakin' pain in the butt.

My 1D4 charger has a nice long cord, and this makes using it much more practical than those direct-plug-in chargers.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

mike_d
Goldmember
4,866 posts
Joined Aug 2009
Apr 19, 2017 20:10 |  #4

I have some 1 foot 2 and 3 conductor power cords I use on my workbench for powering laptops and similar devices that use power bricks. One of these would solve both of your problems.

ChibiM
THREAD ­ STARTER
154 posts
Joined Jan 2015
South Holland
Apr 20, 2017 01:01 |  #5

Well that is actually true. I also like the very short cords. But at the same time this little adapter is great for in the smaller camera bags. A short 15cm cord would be ok as well perhaps, but i havent seen them anywhere around here.

Eos M, 5DII, and some lenses.

1,053 views & 3 likes for this thread
Quick and easy solution to annoying power cords (probably only applicable to EU chargers)
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.