Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk
Thread started 23 Apr 2017 (Sunday) 10:27
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

My First IR shot

Steve ­ M
Joined Mar 2005
Florida
Apr 23, 2017 10:27 |  #1

Hello all. I just purchased a converted (Kolarivision) DSLR. It is a T5i with a 665nm filter and AR coated. This is the first processed shot, and while it is not great from a subject, framing, etc. viewpoint I think it came out fairly well for a 1st attempt. What say you? All constructive criticism welcomed.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Embrace those who seek the truth; run from those who claim to have found it.

Pigpen101
Joined Mar 2017
Apr 23, 2017 10:40 |  #2

Steve M wrote in post #18335724 (external link)
Hello all. I just purchased a converted (Kolarivision) DSLR. It is a T5i with a 665nm filter and AR coated. This is the first processed shot, and while it is not great from a subject, framing, etc. viewpoint I think it came out fairly well for a 1st attempt. What say you? All constructive criticism welcomed.
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by Steve M in
./showthread.php?p=183​35724&i=i267769157
forum: Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk

Looks good to me. I bought a P&S from the same company and had them send me one with a heavy filter so it would only do B&W because that's all I wanted to do at the time because that was the IR film I shot. After seeing the false colors from many others I wish I would have got a lighter filter. The camera I got works great, just B&W only.

Pigpen101
Joined Mar 2017
Apr 23, 2017 11:06 |  #3

I just checked their website, I hadn't been there in a while. I called them about a year ago and asked about GoPro conversion so I could use it with my drone, they said they were "thinking of doing it." It looks like they started doing it. I think it might be cool to do some aerial.

Tyguy
Joined Sep 2014
Calgary, Canada
Nov 01, 2017 14:31 |  #4

I like the shot and processing. One thing - The clouds are kind of dark, usually with IR you can get them to jump out with lots of contrast.

That's going to be a fun camera! Have fun :)

-Tyler
flickr (external link)

1,265 views & 2 likes for this thread
My First IR shot
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.