Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial
Thread started 06 May 2017 (Saturday) 07:22
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Eta Aquarid Meteor shower

CatchingUp
Goldmember
1,806 posts
Joined Jul 2006
Texas
May 06, 2017 07:22 |  #1

True story here...

I got up early to see if I could catch some meteors...went out from 3:30-4:30...saw a few faint ones but knew I would not have captured them on the camera. So feeling a bit restless...I strolled over to the other side of this small pond/pool I was shooting around and wanted to try a picture with me in it wearing my headlamp. Would you take a look at that meteor zipping across up above me?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Tony
I use Canon gear...have several bodies and lenses and am quite pleased with them.

"A person's gift will make room for itself."

Celestron
Cream of the Crop
8,396 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007
Texas USA
May 06, 2017 09:05 |  #2

Nice capture and a bit lucky ! That's how it is most times with meteor showers especially one that's not predicted to produce very many meteors . Had that to happen hundreds of times cause they can't be predicted where they actually will be in the sky :( . The milkyway looks good and the meteor just makes a bonus in the image . Either way , congratulations !

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
Joined Feb 2013
Florida
May 06, 2017 10:36 |  #3

Nice!

Do it a few more times through the night, get lucky a few times, then you can blend them into one.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

630 views & 5 likes for this thread
Eta Aquarid Meteor shower
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.