POTN G-series Speed Challenge # 638: Landscape
Description of this week topic:
Let's see your landscapes. Get outside and away from the cities. I'd like to see your landscapes where each of us live or visit with minimal man-made structures, just mother nature at her best. I will simply judge by the most interesting/pleasing to me! Get out and about.
Remember, if you post a photo, you may be the winner. Be prepared to host and judge a new challenge.
To submit, click the button labeled 'POST TO THREAD' and put your Photo Title in the first line of the post, above your photo.
Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 22 May 2017
Thanks to everyone that participated in this challenge. From the looks of the entries we all live in or travel to some beautiful places.
Maureen - Corn in the Early Evening. Love the light setting sun casts over the rows and rows of corn. Now we know where part of “amber waves of grain” comes from.
Car - Loch Ard. Love the tranquil feeling of this shot, and I am always a sucker for a great water reflection photo. How cool it is too, that you have Lochs!
Trumper - Field,sea,cliffs and offshore wind farm. I like the panoramic and the contrast between the green grasses and the blue water and sky. Just wish the windmills stood out a bit more.
teekay - My Kootenay Country. I love the clouds casting shadows on the hills with the foreground and background well lighted by the sunny sky. Excellent B/W conversion as well.
HogansHeros - The Upper Iowa River,My backyard. Looks like a wonderful place to sit and relax. Love the spring greens as well.
JimAskew - Antelope Valley, CA Poppy Fields. The poppies look abundant; what a beautiful location for some hiking.
Spoco57 – Landscape’s End. Great location where the cliffs meet the water. I can almost hear the waves lapping against the rocky shoreline.
1st - teekay
2nd – Car
3rd – JimAskew
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera G1,G2,G3,G5,G6,G7,G9,G10,G11,G12,G15,G16,G1 X,G3 X,G5 X,G7 X,G9 X,G1 X mark II,G7 X Mark II and Powershot Pro 1.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
- One photo per photographer in each challenge.
- Photo Title in the first line of the post.
- Camera model.
- EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... As soon as possible, max. until Tuesday noon GMT.
Click FOLLOW THREAD in the top right of the challenge's thread page.
Notifications of new posts will appear below the POTN logo and the main links in the top of each forum page.
Note: Email notifications are not active at the moment, they will be available soon.
Pay attention to your PMs or 'Heads Up!' messages. This will allow the host, helpful members or moderators to contact you about winning or ineligible photos.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.