Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife
Thread started 01 Sep 2015 (Tuesday) 19:20
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

A Pleasant Encore Performance

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Pondrader.
Sep 03, 2015 09:03 |  #16

That's awesome Ian, my story is so long I may have to right a book. As far as I can tell my main fox area has only one kit using it and only one or two days out of the week and never in the day light. It will be interesting to see what happens this fall and winter. I do hope they all make it through the summer month's.

Jeff ........7D Mark II, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Wallace ­ River
THREAD ­ STARTER
" ...a bit of a pervy voyeur "
Joined Jul 2010
Wallace, Nova Scotia
Post has been last edited over 2 years ago by Wallace River. 3 edits done in total.
Sep 03, 2015 10:12 |  #17

Pondrader wrote in post #17693517 (external link)
That's awesome Ian, I'm story is so long I may have to right a book. As far as I can tell my main fox area has only one kit using it and only one or two days out of the week and never in the day light. It will be interesting to see what happens this fall and winter. I do hope they all make it through the summer month's.

Thanks for commenting Jeff, I was wondering where you were :) . I wasn't in for about 3 weeks, thinking they had all gone their separate ways, so was kind of surprised to find Mom still there with two babies (that I saw). They weren't anywhere near their dens, they were hanging out near an equipment storage and work area at the golf course. That what the pile of sand is, a sand pile for work on the golf course. Maybe yours are just nearby but not right at their den. These pics were taken around 7 pm, so not much light left, but just enough to make me some pretty pics :). Oh, and since I totally was not expecting to see them, I only had my long lens with me. I was too close for a lot of shots that would have been awesome with my 70-200. Now I'm thinking I'll have to go back again soon, with the right gear!

IAN - Living life on the shores of the Wallace River in northern Nova Scotia, Canada :
Canon 1D4, 1D-X, almost enough glass.
My Flickr (external link). http://ianmurray.zenfo​lio.com/ (external link)

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Pondrader.
Sep 03, 2015 10:31 as a reply to Wallace River's post |  #18

That so cool that you found them again!! The fox here have a tremendous amount of cover, very hard to find if they don't want to be found. I'm sure they are just around the corner but super hard to find. And do so go back and shoot everything you can....it's not every day we can find them. I agree on the being to close and could use a second body and lens hanging off of me. Sometimes even the 100-400LII was just to much lens. That 25mm from 70mm to 100mm is a big difference in a tight space. I'm heading in for the weekend tonight and of course I'm going to look for the foxes!! Cell service is not super back there and it's hard to surf around, sometimes a page takes two of three mins to load off the phone sharing. Gona try and find a spot that works better maybe this weekend.
I was toying with the idea of heading over your way this fall for something different to do but I'm not sure I can pull it off. I'm sure it would be fun to see the Wallace River and shoot what's in it.

Jeff ........7D Mark II, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

jobv2
561 posts
Joined Jun 2011
new jersey
Sep 03, 2015 10:34 |  #19

its like watching a movie. LOL great series of photos here

1D Mark iin, 35mm f/2, 50mm f/1.4, 70-200mm f/4, 580ex ii, android, two left feet
gear| feedback
:cool:

Wallace ­ River
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2010
Wallace, Nova Scotia
Sep 03, 2015 15:22 |  #20

Pondrader wrote in post #17693632 (external link)
That so cool that you found them again!! The fox here have a tremendous amount of cover, very hard to find if they don't want to be found. I'm sure they are just around the corner but super hard to find. And do so go back and shoot everything you can....it's not every day we can find them. I agree on the being to close and could use a second body and lens hanging off of me. Sometimes even the 100-400LII was just to much lens. That 25mm from 70mm to 100mm is a big difference in a tight space. I'm heading in for the weekend tonight and of course I'm going to look for the foxes!! Cell service is not super back there and it's hard to surf around, sometimes a page takes two of three mins to load off the phone sharing. Gona try and find a spot that works better maybe this weekend.
I was toying with the idea of heading over your way this fall for something different to do but I'm not sure I can pull it off. I'm sure it would be fun to see the Wallace River and shoot what's in it.

Any time Jeff!

IAN - Living life on the shores of the Wallace River in northern Nova Scotia, Canada :

Wallace ­ River
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2010
Wallace, Nova Scotia
Sep 03, 2015 15:22 |  #21

jobv2 wrote in post #17693635 (external link)
its like watching a movie. LOL great series of photos here

Thanks, thaT's nice of you to say :-)

SJC ­ from ­ VT
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2009
USA/Northeast
Sep 14, 2015 05:47 |  #22

I saw these on Flickr, but missed them here! Congratulations on the "Best of Gallery" pick...I knew that was a great photo! Loved them all Ian.

*Sandy* "If we all had positive attitudes...we could change the world"
7D ll and 60D plus some other stuff! My Flickr http://flic.kr/ps/FEPL​p (external link)

Wallace ­ River
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2010
Wallace, Nova Scotia
Sep 14, 2015 06:38 |  #23

SJC from VT wrote in post #17706772 (external link)
I saw these on Flickr, but missed them here! Congratulations on the "Best of Gallery" pick...I knew that was a great photo! Loved them all Ian.

Thanks Sandy, much appreciated. I just looked this series over again myself....ya, they aren't half bad! :)

Rebelmeister
143 posts
Joined Mar 2010
Pacific NW
May 23, 2017 09:38 |  #24

Just came across these photos. They are fantastic. I think the fox is one of the most photogenic wild animals, and you did a wonderful job capturing them. Thanks for sharing!

Flickr (external link) || EOS Rebel T6i || EOS Rebel T2i || EF-S 18-135mm IS STM || EF-S 18-55mm || EF 50mm f/1.8 II || EF-S 55-250mm || 430EX II || 500D Filter || RS60-E3 ||

Wallace ­ River
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2010
Wallace, Nova Scotia
May 23, 2017 10:46 |  #25

Rebelmeister wrote in post #18361086 (external link)
Just came across these photos. They are fantastic. I think the fox is one of the most photogenic wild animals, and you did a wonderful job capturing them. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks very much. I agree on their photogenic character, and am very fortunate to have them living close by.

Crimzon
Cream of the Crop
Joined May 2009
Calgary, Alberta
May 27, 2017 18:37 |  #26

Excellent set of shots.

My Flikrexternal link
My Imagekind galleryexternal link

Always feel free to provide constructive criticism to any of my pics.

Wallace ­ River
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2010
Wallace, Nova Scotia
May 27, 2017 19:54 |  #27

Crimzon wrote in post #18364445 (external link)
Excellent set of shots.

Thanks Trevor, oldies but goodies now :) .

sponsored links

4,596 views & 17 likes for this thread
A Pleasant Encore Performance
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.