Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk
Thread started 03 Jun 2017 (Saturday) 08:09
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Drag Racing - Firsdt Time

Charistuul
Joined Feb 2015
Jun 03, 2017 08:09 |  #1

I will be shooting drag races for one of the racers today. This is my first time to shoot this sport. It is at a relatively small venue/more local.

I am thinking (depending on the perspective/distance I will have) that I will use either the 24-70 or the 70-200. I will try to pan the shot so I can get a good motion blur on everything but the car and (hopefully) maintain sharp focus on the car.
I am thinking of starting at a shutter speed of 400 and moving up or down from there to get the desired effect. I will probably go with a small dof (f8) since there should be good light. I am not sure whether to shoot with the 5dm3 or the 7dm2. Since the light should be good I am thinking the 7dm2 for the faster frame rate. If the races go into evening/night I will switch to the 5d.

I would appreciate tips and advice from anyone who has shot this before.

TIA

PhotosGuy
74,824 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2004
Middle of Michigan
Post has been edited 5 months ago by PhotosGuy.
Jun 03, 2017 09:34 |  #2

Charistuul wrote in post #18369783 (external link)
I will be shooting drag races for one of the racers today.

Wish you'd thought to post this earlier?
Motorsport Shooting Tips, Tutorials and Advice

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1280 pixels on any side.

488 views & 0 likes for this thread
Drag Racing - Firsdt Time
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.