Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Underwater Photography Talk
Thread started 03 Jun 2017 (Saturday) 11:34
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

A6000 and lighting, suggestions for a beginner

CleverDiver
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jun 2017
Jun 03, 2017 11:34 |  #1

Hi, I am Lorenzo and I am a beginner in underwater photography. I was searching for a cheap housing for my 80D, but I found cheaper to buy a refurbished A6000 with a Neewer housing. I cant use my lenses, but I can keep them and my main camera safe (can't afford an expensive housing), while the Sony should be fine underwater. I know the Neewer case is not the best, but I dive 10/15 times per year and the investment itself was a bit crazy :P Now it is my first mirrorless and my first Sony, I tried it already for standard photography and I am getting used to it, but I would love suggestion about the setup underwater. I read it should be pretty good but as I said, I am a beginner, and I do not know the 16/50 kit lens well enough to understand its limits in term of diffraction and distortion, especially highly stopped (F18-F22). One more thing, I choose continuous lighting (because of the same budget concerns) and I have a setup with LED flashlights that deliver about 10.000 lumen (+-10% but I measured it) 3m far away, on a 1x1m area. It should be enough to keep ISO low, but it is by far too hard light. Any suggestion about what I could use as diffusers, considering that the standard ones do not fit my flashlights?
Thank you in advance for any answer.
Kind regards

464 views & 0 likes for this thread
A6000 and lighting, suggestions for a beginner
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Underwater Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.