Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras
Thread started 05 Jun 2017 (Monday) 15:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon EF - Fuji X adapter

corndog ­ cabernet
Joined May 2010
State of chaos
Jun 05, 2017 15:02 |  #1

Hi all,
I've looked and looked to no avail to find an adapter that allows using a Canon EF lens on a fuji X body that will allow the aperture to be controlled by the camera. No optical elements, of course no auto focusing, just a way of connecting (in my case I want to mount an EF400 f5.6) a Canon lens to a fuji body and maintain aperture control of the lens. I'm pretty sure now that it doesn't exist but I thought I'd put the Q up here in case I'm wrong. Thanks for any responses.

monty87
274 posts
Joined Feb 2008
So Cal High Desert
Jun 05, 2017 16:42 |  #2

I have been looking for few months now, but I don't think it exists yet. For now I ended up getting the Mitakon ZY Optics Turbo Lens ver 2 that allows me to use my EF lens wide open without aperture control. My main reason I got it was to use my TSE 24mm mk2 with my Fuji x-t2. As its a tilt shift lens, I did not care for stopping down the aperture and wanted to shoot at its widest aperture. I also have the EF 400 f5.6 and will try out the adapter on this lens.

Monty - http://umang.photograp​hy/external link

JeffCanon
Joined Jun 2006
Hollywood, Fla. USA
Jun 05, 2017 16:45 |  #3

I have not seen any for EF lens either, I do have an FD converter for the Fuji

Critiques Welcomed
New jeffjarboe.comexternal link Old PBaseexternal linkaka Jeff Canes or JeffCanon
Canon 7D, EOS1, A1, IV Sb, Fuji X-Pro1, Epson R-D1s

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2014
Ireland
Post has been edited 6 months ago by Two Hot Shoes.
Jun 05, 2017 18:02 |  #4

Not by the camera but as Fuji intended via aperture ring. Fotodiox Pro Lens Mount Adapter is one example, has a built in and adjustable iris allowing you to control the aperture into the camera.

Link to amazon as example (external link)

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T1, X-E2 | 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 10-24/4. AD600BM, TT865F, AL-H198, ThinkTank AS2, Peli1514, Ona Bowery, Matthews Grip
flickr (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)

corndog ­ cabernet
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined May 2010
State of chaos
Post has been last edited 6 months ago by corndog cabernet. 2 edits done in total.
Jun 05, 2017 19:41 |  #5

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Monty, I think that's one of the adapters with lenses for correction. I don't want that. No extra glass thank you. Plus, if I'm correct it's a focal reducer and that would be counter productive for a 400mm lens for wildlife. Cheers.

Hot Shoes, I've seen that adapter and am not interested. It puts the aperture in the wrong place. This induces both vignetting and diffraction. Thank you though.

848 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon EF - Fuji X adapter
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.