Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Wildlife Talk
Thread started 17 May 2017 (Wednesday) 07:57
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Yellowstone forums?

Nordwil57
Joined Sep 2007
Massachusetts
May 17, 2017 07:57 |  #1

I've seen lot's of good info on here regarding general locations where certain types of animals hang out, but used the Ynet forum the last few trips to follow more recent updates on sightings. Unfortunately, it looks like their forum site is down for maintenance and I'm leaving this Friday with no recent trip reports or sightings.

Does anyone know of any other sites (or if I'm missing something on here) that may have close to real time info on wildlife sightings?

It's been a stressful lead in to our trip between the possibility of closing due to the budget, and now the road closure between the North and South rim drives. We had booked the first 3 nights in West Yellowstone, but trying to get to Hayden with the closure meant going South through Old Faithful and West Thumb, adding way too much time to the trip. We were lucky to be able to cancel and picked up lodging at the Lake, so we can explore Hayden and the South the first 3 days before heading to Mammoth for two to explore the North. This is also the first time we've been there before Dunraven opens (we leave the day it opens), but figured to use that to our advantage and try not to travel too much in a single day.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!

Rick

Gear List

Flickrexternal link

sandwedge
Joined Aug 2011
Atlanta, GA
May 20, 2017 22:31 |  #2

Sorry for the late reply...

I've been missing ynet, also. There are two facebook pages that might help, "Yellowstone Up Close and Personal", which you probably already know about, and a new page "Yellowstone and Grand Teton Wildlife Sightings"... https://www.facebook.c​om/groups/120514899294​4236/ (external link)

I'm driving out from Atlanta - leaving this Tuesday and arriving Friday for a 3 week stay.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/63710159@N07/ (external link)
http://www.DougMoon.sm​ugmug.com (external link)
80D, 7D, 5D, t2i, sx50, Sigma 150-600C, 100-400L, 70-200L II, 100mm Macro, Sigma 17-70, Sigma 50 1.4, Tamron 28-75, Tokina 11-20, Bower 8mm

TAPlank
81 posts
Joined Apr 2011
Pennsylvania
Jun 06, 2017 12:39 |  #3

I was told ynet forums hit hacked with ransomware. Miss it yoo.

802 views & 0 likes for this thread
Yellowstone forums?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Wildlife Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.