Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events
Thread started 27 May 2017 (Saturday) 11:31
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Matt and Steven

Amadauss
Joined Nov 2010
Lehigh Valley Pa
Jun 06, 2017 14:38 |  #16

Roamingbull wrote in post #18368257 (external link)
Thanks for the cc. the close up sweaty one was the ceremony. They were very low budget. I was probably the most paid vendor there. The clothes were what they wanted to wear for their union.

No problem for being critical... I can take it. I really did like the first one, As for how flattering it was, the man at the tree is disabled, and limiting on posing with his head. I was more after capturing the emotion the two had for each other, and for him. It was as flattering as I could get... but Ill keep that in mind and try other options as well.

Did not mean to come across to critical. If knew the circumstances might have responded differently. One thing I will mention, even low budget, I might have done some touch up on that sweat on the face. Think ahead, would not have taken long and who knows who is going to be seeing it? This might sound profiling or whatever but it is not, we do about 4 to 5 same sex weddings a year, all referral, and we get paid more then any other wedding we do. So you never know. That sweaty forehead might have cost you a job and you don't even know it.

1-1Dx II 1-5D Mark 4, 3-5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 2-7D's, 70D, canon 70-200 2.8 L IS II, 24-70L II, 85 1.8, 85 1.2, 50mm, 135 mm F2 L, 17-40 , 24-105, Sigma 35 Art and 18-35 1.8, 600 EX's, Elinchrom RX and Phottix 500 strobes

Roamingbull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Oct 2010
Oregon House CA
Jun 07, 2017 09:58 as a reply to Amadauss's post |  #17

Oh yes, I do get that. And actually this one has got me 2 bookings. That subject sweated a TON... he told me about it before hand. I actually suggested a head band, but he was not into that. Wipe it off, it was back like that... bang. Poor guy.. never met someone that sweated more than me. When we did our solo shots we were able to control that, but during the ceremony he preferred to just go with it.

Never be afraid to be critical. If someone cannot take that, they wont last in this business.

Why don't you take a picture, it will last longer....
My web site is Eternal Reflections (external link)
Gear List: Got lots of good stuff of my own, and I use Borrow Lens.com for the rest.

2,041 views & 3 likes for this thread
Matt and Steven
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.