Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 04 Feb 2017 (Saturday) 19:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

New camera feature wish list.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Post has been edited 9 months ago by Tom Reichner.
Feb 09, 2017 00:05 |  #16

Scottboarding wrote in post #18268403 (external link)
Not disposable, no. Like with a roll of film, you put in the canister, and pull the film across and slide it into the holder. Though probably not possible, it would be really cool if you could put in a digital sensor that would stay in behind the lens. Include a canister just so that it would stay still, but instead of film being exposed and then moved, just have a digital sensor sitting there. I highly doubt it's physically possible, but man that would be cool.

I am sorry, Scott, but I still don't understand.

What you describe - "a digital sensor that would stay in behind the lens" - isn't that what we already have on DSLRs?

Only the DSLR design is even better because the sensor is securely mounted to the camera body in a permanent fashion - we don't have to mess with sliding it around or having a separate canister next to it just to hold it in place. The sensors are already held in place in a perfectly secure fashion.

I am sorry for not "getting it", but I still don't understand how your idea would be better than what we already have. In fact, it seems to me like you are taking what we already have and making it worse, instead of improving it. I don't mean that in a mean-spirited way, but that is how your idea comes across.....like a de-evolution, of sorts.

If you care to explain further, I would be glad to read more about your idea. I would like to fully understand what it is that you are proposing.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

sponsored links
gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
53,250 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
Feb 09, 2017 07:50 |  #17

I guess I interrupted it as a replacement for film so a film camera can be used.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Feb 09, 2017 10:40 |  #18

gjl711 wrote in post #18268607 (external link)
I guess I interrupted it as a replacement for film so a film camera can be used.

But the title of the thread is "New Camera Feature Wish List". This thread is about features we would like to see on NEW cameras, not features/upgrades that we would like to have developed for old cameras.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

Snydremark
Myth-informed
17,863 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Joined Mar 2009
Issaquah, WA USA
Feb 09, 2017 10:56 |  #19

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18266991 (external link)
I'm not sure that I understand what you are describing/wishing for.

Do you mean that there would be something like a roll of "disposable sensors" in which each frame can only be used for one image? If so, then I am not understanding how the results would be different than, or better than, what we get with the "regular" digital cameras we use. Could you explain it a bit more?

I think what he is looking for is, basically, a digital back adapted for 35mm film cameras.

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,169 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Post has been edited 9 months ago by Wilt.
Feb 09, 2017 16:56 |  #20

Snydremark wrote in post #18268764 (external link)
I think what he is looking for is, basically, a digital back adapted for 35mm film cameras.

Some of us have wanted such a product for many years, as it is easily retrofitable onto a number of cameras with removeable film backs, like the Nikon Fn, the Olympus OM-n and the Canon Fn

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Scottboarding
Joined May 2016
Feb 09, 2017 23:29 as a reply to Snydremark's post |  #21

Yes! That's a much better way of explaining it than my rambling non-sense. And yeah it would be a huge step back in terms of technology, but using my Nikon FM2N is so much more fun than my 7D. The shutter noise, cocking the shutter, etc. are all so pleasant to me. I would never use it for, say a wedding, but for just causal candids or photoshoots with friends it would be really fun. It's like the digital leica's; it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for some it's amazing.

Olympus E-M1 - Mitakon 25mm f0.95 - Olympus 25mm f1.8 - Olympus 17mm f1.8
Nikon FM2n - Nikon Ai-s 28mm f2.8 - Nikon Ai 50mm f1.4
Ricoh GRii

Dlee13
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2012
Sydney
Feb 25, 2017 21:46 |  #22

I'd really like to see a DSLR with both an OVF and EVF. My friends Fuji (can't remember if it was the X-Pro or XT1) has both so with a DSLR it should be possible right?

It would be great to be able to shoot in LV with the EVF when you need more accuracy, then switch back to the OVF if you need speed.

Canon 6D Mark II ~ Canon M5 ~ Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 ~ Canon EF 35mm f2 IS ~ Canon EF 17-40mm f4L ~ Canon EF 100mm f2.8L IS USM ~ Sigma 85mm f1.4
Blog (external link) | Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link)

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
6,595 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Feb 25, 2017 22:55 |  #23

Call me a throw-back, but I'd like a digital camera that just takes photos.
Full frame sensor. Manual mode only. Manual focus. A simple +/- needle meter. Can fire a flash, but no communications; manual flash only. I'd like manual (on-lens) aperture, but that would require a new mount and new lenses, so I guess using my EF-glass would be OK. No review (chimping) capabilities at all. See what you got when you get home. Or better yet, you can't see them for 3 or 4 days :) . All for $399.

I miss my Yaschica FX-3 S2K. The thing didn't even have a 'Power' button. A truly elegant machine. It didn't even need a battery.

Tom

Scottboarding
Joined May 2016
Feb 26, 2017 00:12 as a reply to Bassat's post |  #24

For an extra $5,600 you can get the Leica M-D :lol: No screen at all; it's a film camera that has a digital sensor in it basically. That's why I want the digital roll of film. Shooting my Nikon FM2 is so much fun, but at time's I would like to mess around with it more and not have to worry about the price of processing and the film itself.

Olympus E-M1 - Mitakon 25mm f0.95 - Olympus 25mm f1.8 - Olympus 17mm f1.8
Nikon FM2n - Nikon Ai-s 28mm f2.8 - Nikon Ai 50mm f1.4
Ricoh GRii

d.tek
297 posts
Joined Oct 2008
Feb 28, 2017 07:17 |  #25

I just want a Canon camera with the capability of shadow recovery like the D810. Is that too much to ask for?! :-(

Flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,459 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Mar 02, 2017 20:09 |  #26

(Bring back) Eye Controlled Focus. Having said that, probably not likely in my lifetime. I don't buy green bananas!

archfotos
84 posts
Joined May 2016
Mar 28, 2017 07:44 |  #27

I really want an advanced camera (manual + Raw, etc..) with a decent zoom that is waterproof, completely submergible doesn't need to be built to go deep underwater. A camera that can truly go swimming. I do not want a housing.

DC Photographer (external link)

DesolateMirror
Joined Oct 2015
Post has been edited 8 months ago by DesolateMirror.
Mar 28, 2017 19:52 |  #28

Anything running Android with a decent processor (that doesn't use a ton of battery), 120fps or better slowmotion 4k video, some kind of new AF that is amazingly fast, more DR, better high ISO, full frame mirrorless? Hmm. Maybe I should just move to Sony lol.

Wilt wrote in post #18269017 (external link)
Some of us have wanted such a product for many years, as it is easily retrofitable onto a number of cameras with removeable film backs, like the Nikon Fn, the Olympus OM-n and the Canon Fn

Snydremark wrote in post #18268764 (external link)

http://www.digitalrev.​com ...era-together-is-brilliant (external link)

GyRob
Cream of the Crop
9,954 posts
Joined Feb 2005
N.E.LINCOLNSHIRE UK.
Jun 08, 2017 08:17 |  #29

Well iv used Canon for 40 years but now iv tried mirror less with a silent electronic shutter ( OMD mkII )
I wont be buying anymore Canon cameras Unless they bring out a EF fit mirror less camera .

I Mostly take bird shots and have to say Silent make a vast difference to me.
Rob.

"The LensMaster Gimbal"
http://www.lensmaster.​co.uk/rh1.htmexternal link

sponsored links

3,342 views & 9 likes for this thread
New camera feature wish list.
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.