Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 05 Jun 2017 (Monday) 01:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Vello Macrofier Reverse Mount Adapter Advise?

BushWacker
Goldmember
1,671 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 05, 2017 01:33 |  #1

Has anyone used the Vello Reverse Mount Adapter: Click Here (external link)

They have them pretty cheap so I'm thinking about getting one.

Do you have aperture adjustment with one?

"When I shoot something I use a Canon!"
-------------- Gear List | flickr (external link) --------------

sponsored links
Temma
722 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Jun 05, 2017 15:32 |  #2

I recently did some research on these for use with a manual bellows.

Most of what I read was positive, at least with regard to using reversed Canon lenses.

BushWacker
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,671 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 05, 2017 15:36 |  #3

I was thinking it might be good, hoping to get feedback form someone who has used one. For the price it is probably worth the experiment.

BushWacker
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,671 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 12, 2017 02:22 |  #4

Well I bought one and it didn't work at all. It didn't communicate on either my 70d or 5DsR. I couldn't even take pictures at all I would just get a communication error message. I just returned it, I didn't have time to mess with it and it's not that important to me. If I want to get serious with Macro I'll just get the MPE65.

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,830 posts
Joined May 2003

Jun 12, 2017 06:17 |  #5

Check the (19) reviews at https://www.bhphotovid​eo.com …everse_mount_ad​apter.html (external link). It seems to work, but as one person states "Works as expected, but know what you're getting...".

BushWacker
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,671 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 12, 2017 15:41 |  #6

I know I read these before I bought it and thought I'd give it a try because it was on sale. I admit I didn't give it much effort, I only tried in it Aperture Priority mode but that is what I wanted to used it for. Had I only 1 camera I would have given it more effort but since it didn't work on either camera I gave up quickly. I really didn't care about auto-focus but auto-exposure was my goal. Problem was I couldn't even take a picture at all because I got this communication error message. Too bad it looks like a good piece of equipment, I just wish I could use it.

mcoren
399 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Mar 2015

Jun 12, 2017 18:27 |  #7

Sorry to hear that, BushWacker. It looks like a clever piece of gear, and Vello usually makes decent stuff. I imagine the lens-body interface is pretty complicated, both in terms of the messaging and the high-speed timing requirements, and there are only so many combinations a third party company can test.

Mike

Canon EOS 7D Mark II, 7D, and 100 (film SLR)
Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C, 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM (non-C)
A backpack, a bicycle, and a pair of hiking boots

sponsored links

6,411 views & 0 likes for this thread
Vello Macrofier Reverse Mount Adapter Advise?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.