Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands
Thread started 23 Apr 2017 (Sunday) 22:08
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

canon to sony?

kckmarc
70 posts
Joined Nov 2016
Apr 23, 2017 22:08 |  #1

a friend and i have been discussing the switch from Canon DSLR to Sony mirrorless lately. any experiences or thoughts? pros cons?

CheshireCat
Goldmember
2,303 posts
Joined Oct 2008
*** vanished ***
May 03, 2017 00:27 |  #2

You can get 763 thoughts (and counting) here:
http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?t=1​479651

1Dx, 5D2 and some lenses

ksbal
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2010
N.E. Kansas
May 09, 2017 08:11 |  #3

Thought:
Use the right tools, for the right job and have fun.

YN622 English User Guide/Manual by Clive
https://drive.google.c​om ...Ig0gMMzZFaDVlZ1VNTE​0/view (external link)

dwaisman11
37 posts
Joined Apr 2017
May 22, 2017 11:48 |  #4

I have done a year and a half ago. No regrets. I feel more empowered by the equipment I got and even though I had to get new glass, I happy about it.
I found the AF works much better on my A6300 than on the Rebel I still own. Even under raw and more megapixels...

Best of luck

Photography tour Patagonia (external link) at Photography tours (external link)

PG07
Joined May 2007
Australia
Post has been last edited 6 months ago by PG07. 2 edits done in total.
Jun 13, 2017 06:58 |  #5

I use a Sony a6000 now with mostly a 30mm 1.4 Sigma up from a Canon 400d . It is just so much better that the Canon it isn't fair. I'd say a more recent Canon camera of the same price may be a bit closer but for $600au I can't see how ;-)a The lens range is better with Canon for sure so look at that. if you are looking at where cameras are evolving towards then for me Sony at the moment are way way out at the front.

"The poetry of photgraphy will always be more important than mechanics of the camera... you see the picture is taken with the eye,the heart.The most sophisticated camera in the world can never replace this." Jacques-Henri Lartigue
Peter:) canon400D 18-55 , 50mm 1.8,75-300,Sigma 17-50 F/2.8 EX OS HSM , 430EX II ,Lowepro slingshot 200AW. Sony a6000 , Sigma 30mm 1.4 e-mount, 17-50 kit and 55-200 kit.

1,407 views & 2 likes for this thread
canon to sony?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.