Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries
Thread started 10 Jun 2017 (Saturday) 18:22
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

"Photoprime"

ardeekay
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2010
Peoria, Il. and Port Aransas, Tx
Jun 10, 2017 18:22 |  #1

Think this the appropriate section-

My son-in-law just explained/demonstrated​o that as an Amazon Prime member, I have unlimited photo storage with perks like printing, etc. Any members actively use this and if so, to what end?

I am continually amazed at what you can do with this technology if one can figure it out!;-)a

Thank you for any info. Rog

Rog
Gear:7Dll 7D 40D 24-105 4L, 70-200 4L, 300 4L IS, 85 1.8, 1.4 TC, Tamron18-270VC, Sigma 150-600 OS 430EX II

ardeekay
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2010
Jun 11, 2017 19:48 |  #2

Actually, it's Photoprime. Oops!

Rog
Gear:7Dll 7D 40D 24-105 4L, 70-200 4L, 300 4L IS, 85 1.8, 1.4 TC, Tamron18-270VC, Sigma 150-600 OS 430EX II

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Jun 15, 2017 15:53 |  #3

I've been using the Prime storage thing for three or maybe four years now. Since you can include RAW files, it recognises Canon CRW as well as CR2 files, along with DNG and PSD files as images within the unlimited allowance I used it as online backup for all my images. It was OK for the first six or seven years of my digital files, when I was using the 6 MP 300D and even my 8 MP 20D. Those 12 bit RAW files weren't too bad, as they worked out at about 1 MB per Megapixel. Also back then the number of images per year were not super high. It only took about three months to upload the about 70 GB of images from 2005 to 2011. That's about when I gave up on it, as it went up from 15 /year, to eventually 170 GB year. I also moved home and my upload speed went from slow to glacial.

So I just gave up, I still have what was uploaded on the Amazon servers, but I'm not adding any more. Even if I just went to uploading new files, I would be creating them about five times faster than I could upload. So I'm now just back to multiple copies of the files across several external HDDs.

I already have Flickr, where I upload anything I might want to share as 1280 px long edge Q80 JPEGs exported from LR.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

ardeekay
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2010
Jun 15, 2017 17:09 |  #4

Thanks for comments, Alan. Not sure how (or if) I'll use this service. Maybe just for special shots to show on TV. Guess nice to know it's there. ;-)a

Rog

636 views & 0 likes for this thread
"Photoprime"
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.