Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 14 Jun 2017 (Wednesday) 21:38
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon 6D Mark II Specs

ma11rats
Joined Feb 2013
Az
Jun 17, 2017 22:38 |  #16

Dlee13 wrote in post #18380787 (external link)
I am very happy about the 45 AF points being cross type, I can finally rely on the outter focus points.

I rely on the outer points on the 6d when I have good light and something with contrast, like a vest line on a suit when framing a group of people. Eyes are tough to rely on unless you're framing the face pretty close. And never anything other than the center point in dark rooms. But it hits REALLY damn well though. I'm excited for a 'cheap' FF with 45 AF pts. I am bummed about the single card slot. I hope that's not really true, but I understand why they'd keep it at 1

www.matthewbeutelphoto​graphy.com (external link)
5D, 6D, 7D2, 35f2IS, 135L, T 85f1.8VC, T 24-70f2.8VC, Tok 12-28f4

Dlee13
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2012
Sydney
Jun 17, 2017 23:01 |  #17

ma11rats wrote in post #18380949 (external link)
I rely on the outer points on the 6d when I have good light and something with contrast, like a vest line on a suit when framing a group of people. Eyes are tough to rely on unless you're framing the face pretty close. And never anything other than the center point in dark rooms. But it hits REALLY damn well though. I'm excited for a 'cheap' FF with 45 AF pts. I am bummed about the single card slot. I hope that's not really true, but I understand why they'd keep it at 1

I've found mine to be quite unreliable. At first I thought it was my lens (Sigma 85mm f1.4) but when I tried using the outter most points (far left and far right) I noticed all my lenses had accuracy issues.

If I do use those outter points, I'm usually shooting in a portrait orientation which doesn't really help. I think having them as cross type points will really help, not to mention the ability to just shoot in live view and use DPAF.

Canon 6D ~ Canon M5 ~ Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 ~ Canon EF 35mm f2 IS ~ Canon EF 17-40mm f4L ~ Canon EF 100mm f2.8L IS USM ~ Sigma 85mm f1.4
Blog (external link) | Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link)

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jul 2012
Portland OR USA
Jun 18, 2017 11:18 |  #18

I would be interested in the comparison of the new 6D II sensor with the 5D4 sensor. I wonder if it will have any improvements in terms of noise performance over the 5D4 sensor since it is newer. I guess I'll wait for the reviews to come out before making any moves.

Sam
6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

flickr (external link)
If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

1,644 views & 3 likes for this thread
Canon 6D Mark II Specs
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.