Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Classifieds: For Sale 
Thread started 20 Jun 2017 (Tuesday) 08:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 5D Mark IV (import model)

Summary of marketplace feedback given to birder_herper
First feedback: never, latest feedback: never.
birder_herper has not given any feedback to others.
Overall Ratingn/a
not rated
Communicationn/a
not rated
Deliveryn/a
not rated
Paymentn/a
not rated
ForumAllSellBuy
Classifieds: Want to Buy0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Classifieds: For Sale0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Classifieds: Services Offered0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Classifieds: Services Needed0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Sell: birder_herper was selling. Buy: birder_herper was buying. Overall rating average of each role/forum shown in parenthesis.

This new marketplace feedback system started in early 2018. Older feedback for this member may be available in the legacy feedback thread, click here to autosearch them. To search for all threads by birder_herper in marketplace forums, click here.
30 posts AND 30 days of membership is required before you can give marketplace feedback.

birder_herper
717 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jun 20, 2017 08:13 |  #1

Camera Model: Canon 5D Mark IV (import model)

Approximate age of Body: 3.5 months

Body Condition: 9+ (I do not see any flaws).

Number of Shutter actuations: likely 6145, if I'm reading it right (sounds accurate to me).

Sale Includes: What you see is what you get: camera body, charger, three OEM batteries, cables, manual, factory box, neck strap.

Price: $2800 shipped via non-fee payment, or $2840 with Paypal.

Payments Accepted: Cash, money order, check, Paypal (add 2% for fees)

Possible Trades: Not really looking for trades, but fire away if so inclined.

Shipping Methods Available (Ships From): Likely UPS

Shipping Available To: CONUS only

Item location: Cuyahoga County, OH

Best Contact Method: PM

Reason for selling: I do not need such an elaborate camera with features I do not use (4k video, wifi, gps, and the list goes on). I'm better off spending my money on other photography-related items instead.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
grfft3r
428 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 20, 2017 19:01 |  #2

What does it mean if it's an import model?

www.re-photography.com (external link)

ma11rats
837 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Feb 2013

Jun 20, 2017 20:38 |  #3

grfft3r wrote in post #18383094 (external link)
What does it mean if it's an import model?

Was not originally meant for sale in North America.

www.matthewbeutelphoto​graphy.com (external link)
1D4, 6D, 80D, 35f2IS, T 85f1.8VC, T 24-70f2.8VC, T 17-50f2.8

grfft3r
428 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 20, 2017 23:03 as a reply to  @ ma11rats's post |  #4

So a like Europe model?

www.re-photography.com (external link)

Scoobert
Goldmember
1,046 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2013
Post edited 11 months ago by Scoobert.

Jun 21, 2017 07:23 |  #5

grfft3r wrote in post #18383226 (external link)
So a like Europe model?

Or any other place, also as far I have seen that canon USA will not do any warranty work on it. If it has any warranty it would have to go back to the place of purchase for repair.

http://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1349474

eddieb1
756 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Jun 21, 2017 11:50 |  #6

Scoobert wrote in post #18383364 (external link)
Or any other place, also as far I have seen that canon USA will not do any warranty work on it. If it has any warranty it would have to go back to the place of purchase for repair.

http://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1349474

Canon will do warranty work on grey market as long as you have a receipt. Nikon is the hard ass about grey market.

Buckeye1
Goldmember
3,121 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined May 2005

Jun 21, 2017 11:57 |  #7

eddieb1 wrote in post #18383517 (external link)
Canon will do warranty work on grey market as long as you have a receipt. Nikon is the hard ass about grey market.

Source?

grazamataz
392 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2014

Jun 21, 2017 13:07 |  #8

eddieb1 wrote in post #18383517 (external link)

I've read this in several places too. Of course, the risk is always there for Canon to deny service for whatever reason. Generally speaking, though, it seems like it's been a non-issue.

Canon 5D Mark IV || Canon 7D Mark II || Canon 135 f/2L || Canon 85 f/1.8 || Sigma 50 f/1.4 ART || Canon 16-35 f/4L || Sigma 150-600 C
Chris Greig Photography (external link)

Scoobert
Goldmember
1,046 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2013

Jun 21, 2017 18:28 |  #9

grazamataz wrote in post #18383564 (external link)
I've read this in several places too. Of course, the risk is always there for Canon to deny service for whatever reason. Generally speaking, though, it seems like it's been a non-issue.

I think you are confusing fixing the lens and warranty work. The last time I talked to their tech support about this they made it very clear that they would repair the lens with a receipt (even import) but I would be billed for ANY repair. The only way they would repair it under warranty for free was if it was a US model in its warranty period.
For years nikon would not even touch a import model, I dont know if that has changed or not.

Furlan
670 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Jun 21, 2017 18:51 |  #10

All Canon products are imported so why not call it what it is grey market. Canon could refuse to repair grey market items but once they are out of warranty and your
paying out of pocket no problem.

carpenter
Goldmember
2,564 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2006
Post edited 11 months ago by carpenter. (3 edits in all)

Jun 21, 2017 19:07 |  #11

Scoobert wrote in post #18383832 (external link)
I think you are confusing fixing the lens and warranty work. The last time I talked to their tech support about this they made it very clear that they would repair the lens with a receipt (even import) but I would be billed for ANY repair. The only way they would repair it under warranty for free was if it was a US model in its warranty period.
For years nikon would not even touch a import model, I dont know if that has changed or not.

That's a given they will say that. This is their policy, so the techs aren't going to tell you otherwise. Their policy has always stated it wouldn't be covered despite the fact Canon is well known to provide warranty work on grey market gear. They also state that a U.S. warranty is only valid for the original purchaser. That is also not adhered to, but if you ask they will tell you that the policy is for the original purchaser. There is absolutely no guarantee of warranty of course.
Somewhat funny story when I bought my used Sigma 150-600 I wanted to send it in to Sigma under warranty for a focus check, but I called first to ask about their policy on a second hand U.S lens. I could tell the tech just wanted to say "we'll cover it" but he couldn't come out and say it. His dance around response was "if I were you, I'd just send it in and not worry about it not being covered". Kind of a "wink wink" thing. It was covered.

5D Mk IV | 24-105L | 85 1.8 | 70-200L 2.8 IS MkII | 100-400L MkII

eddieb1
756 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Jun 21, 2017 19:23 |  #12

Buckeye1 wrote in post #18383530 (external link)
Source?

I remember reading it here, I believe. If not here then another photo related site.

grazamataz
392 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2014

Jun 21, 2017 19:23 |  #13

Scoobert wrote in post #18383832 (external link)

I am not.

Canon 5D Mark IV || Canon 7D Mark II || Canon 135 f/2L || Canon 85 f/1.8 || Sigma 50 f/1.4 ART || Canon 16-35 f/4L || Sigma 150-600 C
Chris Greig Photography (external link)

sponsored links
REPLYING DENIED: 30 posts AND 30 days of membership is required
1,422 views & 1 like for this thread
Canon 5D Mark IV (import model)
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Classifieds: For Sale 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.