Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras
Thread started 20 May 2017 (Saturday) 09:42
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Old Nikon FM camera's frame count stuck at 36

tnick771
Joined Jul 2016
May 20, 2017 09:42 |  #1

My grandfather kindly gave me an old Fujica ST-701 (nearly new condition by the looks of it) and a Nikon FM that probably visited 5 continents in its very long life - the shutter count is stuck at 36

I tried cleaning out the hole underneath the winding lever (behind the film door) but that did not reset it to S.

What are my options?

Canon 6D and a couple lenses, I don't know... just trying the hardest I can :)
flickr (external link)

Snydremark
Myth-informed
17,862 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Joined Mar 2009
Issaquah, WA USA
May 20, 2017 10:41 |  #2

I'm purely spit-balling here, since I've never held a Nikon film body; but is it possible it will only reset once you've loaded a fresh roll of film? If no one here recalls anything, you might also want to wander over to the Nikonians forum and see what that group knows.

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

NinetyEight
"Banned for life"
Joined Sep 2008
Dorset - England
Post has been last edited 6 months ago by NinetyEight. 2 edits done in total.
May 20, 2017 13:50 |  #3

Is the rear door lightseal 'gunky'? it's possible it's stopping the little lever coming out to reset the counter. As you say, It's located in the top lightseal, channel just below the winder. Can you see the little lever or has it stuck inside?

Kev

Angmo
Joined Dec 2015
AZ-USA
Jun 23, 2017 15:42 |  #4

My old FM is doing fine. Haven't spoken with it in quite a while, but it's there in the cabinet. I'll take a look at mine and see why it's working. May help.

Nikons, Rolleiflexes, Elinchroms

624 views & 2 likes for this thread
Old Nikon FM camera's frame count stuck at 36
FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.