Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes
Thread started 08 Sep 2010 (Wednesday) 22:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Lets See Your Telephoto Landscapes

kap55
Joined Apr 2016
Jun 21, 2017 18:24 |  #1381

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/The-Palouse/i-7jFZthn/0/04c127d8/X2/20170614_17-27-26-X2.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://photos.smugmug​.com ..._17-27-26-X2.jpg&lb=1&s=A] (external link) on Smugmug

sponsored links
DavidWatts
614 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Chicago Area
Jun 22, 2017 01:22 |  #1382

Nice! You got clear air for your shooting. All mine, on three occasions up there, had quite a bit of haze going on.

My Smugmug siteexternal link

kap55
Joined Apr 2016
Jun 22, 2017 16:42 as a reply to DavidWatts's post |  #1383

Weather can have a big impact on what is available to shoot, but there is always something. Amazing place and I'll be back.

corndog ­ cabernet
Joined May 2010
State of chaos
Post has been edited 3 months ago by corndog cabernet.
Jun 25, 2017 03:32 |  #1384

kap55 wrote in post #18384581 (external link)
Weather can have a big impact on what is available to shoot, but there is always something. Amazing place and I'll be back.

And just where is that place? I think I'll try to avoid it, it looks radioactive. Or, maybe just a little heavy on the dodge/burn and saturation?

kap55
Joined Apr 2016
Jun 25, 2017 10:30 |  #1385

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/The-Palouse/i-dppNzZx/0/fb4fec26/XL/20170614_17-08-55-2-XL.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://photos.smugmug​.com ...7-08-55-2-XL.jpg&lb=1&s=A] (external link) on Smugmug

corndog ­ cabernet
Joined May 2010
State of chaos
Jun 25, 2017 15:20 |  #1386

Hey kap55,
I don't mean to pick on you, and you really had no other forum to post this to, but maybe there should be a new forum for this kind of stuff. "Photoshop Creations" or "Fantasy" or some such. Photo.net has LOTS of this stuff. Over there the eastern Europeans, in particular, relish this kind of "photography".

You did a good job with it though :-)

Bcaps
I was a little buzzed when I took this
Joined Jun 2003
Bay Area, CA
Jun 26, 2017 11:38 |  #1387

corndog cabernet wrote in post #18386760 (external link)
Hey kap55,
I don't mean to pick on you, and you really had no other forum to post this to, but maybe there should be a new forum for this kind of stuff. "Photoshop Creations" or "Fantasy" or some such. Photo.net has LOTS of this stuff. Over there the eastern Europeans, in particular, relish this kind of "photography".

You can go ahead and preface what you said with, "I don't mean to pick on you" and add a smiley face at the end, but that doesn't mean your words are not arrogant and condescending. They are.

Photography is one of many forms of art, and art is and should be an expression of the artists feelings and their connection to their subject. Art doesn't have to be representational to qualify as "art".

So no, there doesn't need to be a new forum for "this kind of stuff". This kind of stuff is photography, not as you put it, "photography" in quotation marks. It may not be to your taste, which is fine. The photo in question isn't particularly to my taste either, but that doesn't mean it is okay to marginalize it or its style because it doesn't fit into your definition of "photography". You are not the arbiter of what qualifies as "photography" and to suggest that someone take their work elsewhere is beyond rude and doesn't have a place on this forum.

- Dave | flickr (external link)
Nikon D810
14-24mm f/2.8 | 16-35mm F/4 | 24-70mm f/2.8 | 70-200mm f/4 | Sigma 150-600mm

bones519
Joined Dec 2011
Ontario, CAN
Jun 26, 2017 13:17 as a reply to Bcaps's post |  #1388

Well said Dave!

corndog ­ cabernet
Joined May 2010
State of chaos
Jun 26, 2017 13:31 |  #1389

I sort of expected this kind of blowback, though not desired. In fact, it was predictable. I expressed an opinion. Are only glowing remarks accepted around here?
I said nothing about "art" and you are right in that I am not the arbiter of what constitutes photography. I did not suggest kap55 take his work elsewhere and I would add that you seem to want to censor me or comments that you don't agree with. I also think you are overreacting just a bit.

Let's you and I agree to nip this reactive stuff in the bud so it doesn't drag this thread down, OK?

Inspeqtor
Chuckmeister? Really people??
Joined Mar 2008
Elkhart, Indiana
Jun 26, 2017 13:51 as a reply to Bcaps's post |  #1390

Personally if I do like a photo, then sometimes I will say so, but not all the time.

If I do not like the photo than I will always keep my opinion to myself, as I do realize there are other people out there that probably do like that photo which I did not like.

End of my soapbox.

Charles
Canon EOS 60D Gripped * Canon EOS XSi * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II *** iOptron 3302W Star Tracker

Bcaps
I was a little buzzed when I took this
Joined Jun 2003
Bay Area, CA
Jun 26, 2017 15:32 |  #1391

corndog cabernet wrote in post #18387431 (external link)
I sort of expected this kind of blowback, though not desired. In fact, it was predictable. I expressed an opinion. Are only glowing remarks accepted around here?
I said nothing about "art" and you are right in that I am not the arbiter of what constitutes photography. I did not suggest kap55 take his work elsewhere and I would add that you seem to want to censor me or comments that you don't agree with. I also think you are overreacting just a bit.

Let's you and I agree to nip this reactive stuff in the bud so it doesn't drag this thread down, OK?

I have no problem with critique and I did not say anything about having a problem with anyone expressing an opinion. I even gave my opinion and said the photo wasn't to my taste. So don't try and pivot this to where I am coming down on you for offering an opinion or critique. My comment was directed at how rude and dismissive you were.

- Dave | flickr (external link)
Nikon D810
14-24mm f/2.8 | 16-35mm F/4 | 24-70mm f/2.8 | 70-200mm f/4 | Sigma 150-600mm

corndog ­ cabernet
Joined May 2010
State of chaos
Jun 26, 2017 15:47 |  #1392

Alright. You win.

milsa666
21 posts
Joined Apr 2015
Jun 27, 2017 15:46 |  #1393

corndog cabernet wrote in post #18386760 (external link)
Hey kap55,

What do you mean eastern Europeans? What are you try to say?
Something like - "You know these people, you know these people from east, Oh yeah I understand... from east, everything is clear - vodka and HDR/PhotoShop"
I live in eastern Europe and I don't feel like a freak of nature...

Canon EOS 6D | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, EF 135mm f/2L USM, EF 24 f/1.4L II |

Capn ­ Jack
Joined Mar 2010
NE USA
Jun 27, 2017 17:45 |  #1394

Escape from the USA Great plains and 37° weather.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

chilenz
Mostly Lurking
Joined Feb 2011
Southern California
Jun 27, 2017 19:59 |  #1395

Palm Springs's wind tubine landscape

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links

260,040 views & 1127 likes for this thread
Lets See Your Telephoto Landscapes
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.