Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk
Thread started 25 Jun 2017 (Sunday) 10:42
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Lenses to take to Gettysburg Battlefield

NASS ­ Photo
Goldmember
1,532 posts
Joined Jun 2009
Westmoreland Co., PA
Jun 25, 2017 10:42 |  #1

Hi all. Getting ready for my first visit to the Gettysburg PA Battlefield. I have a FF camera, and am a Primeaholic. I have 35L, 85, 135L, 200L and 300L lenses. I would like to take two (2) or three (3) lenses. I do not know how close I can get. For those who have been there before, which ones should I take? Renting or purchasing a zoom is currently out of the question. I rented the 100-400 for another job, and did not like it. thanks in advance. Nick

NickS

Canon 5DMIII; Canon EF35mm, f/1.4L; EF85mm, f/1.8; EF135mm, f/2.0L; EF200mm, f/2.8L.

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,359 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Post has been edited 3 months ago by John from PA.
Jun 25, 2017 11:38 |  #2

For some suggestions on "vistas" there is a good photo gallery at https://www.nps.gov ...ltimedia/photogalle​ry.htm (external link). You will find you can get quite close to virtually anything (may require some walking), but for the most part this is a very open area and will need probably the 35 and 85. There are herds of deer in the evening but nothing special so taking/renting a 100-400 isn't necessary. Take some bug stuff because you will be walking through areas and ticks are an issue these days. Make sure the bug stuff doesn't stain and spray liberally on clothing and skin from the knees down.

By the way put the Eisenhower Farm house tour on your agenda. Neat place, see https://www.nps.gov/ei​se/index.htm (external link) for some details.

NASS ­ Photo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,532 posts
Joined Jun 2009
Westmoreland Co., PA
Jun 25, 2017 14:48 as a reply to John from PA's post |  #3

John,
Thanks for the links. Was checking them out. Thanks for all the info. Nick

NickS

Canon 5DMIII; Canon EF35mm, f/1.4L; EF85mm, f/1.8; EF135mm, f/2.0L; EF200mm, f/2.8L.

538 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lenses to take to Gettysburg Battlefield
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.