Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 29 Jun 2017 (Thursday) 22:39
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

KelbyOne new course "How to use Macphun's Luminar"

MCAsan
Goldmember
3,593 posts
Joined Jun 2010
Atlanta
Jun 29, 2017 22:39 |  #1

The new 2 hour course was released today. Who would have thought the bastion of Adobe would bring on Luminar. Mcaphun said they would release their own DAM for Luminar later this year. With Serif doing the same for Affinity Photo, we could some more interesting choices by the end of the year.

mikeearly
Joined Aug 2007
Chester, VA
Jul 02, 2017 06:05 |  #2

I would agree that things could get a little more interesting but I'm not sure anyone is going to really impact LR all that much.

Mike Early
http://www.mdephoto.co​mexternal link

MCAsan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,593 posts
Joined Jun 2010
Atlanta
Jul 08, 2017 12:33 as a reply to mikeearly's post |  #3

Marketshare is Adobe's to lose. Here we are in mid July and still no Lightroom 2017. If they only do a minor feature add in 2017, the alternatives start to look good indeed.

Smitty2k1
Joined Mar 2012
Washington DC
Jul 13, 2017 10:28 as a reply to MCAsan's post |  #4

Why do we need a new version of LR?

I paid for a standalone version, I'm happy continuing to get updates to the current version.

Canon EOS 70D, EOS 600D / EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5 | Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM |

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Jul 13, 2017 10:56 |  #5

Smitty2k1 wrote in post #18401110 (external link)
Why do we need a new version of LR?

I paid for a standalone version, I'm happy continuing to get updates to the current version.

Because those of us who pay for the CC version might be feeling that Lr 2015 sounds a little behind the times, considering we are paying for constant upgrades.

Actually CC was supposed to just roll out new features as and when they are available, with just the program name, without a version indicator, so this slip back to "major version" numbers seems a little odd. I don't really know what new featuers have been introduced since the 2015 version launched, but it seems they are now stuck in a position where they can't/won't change the number just to keep up, because they have nothing much to add.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

1,275 views & 1 like for this thread
KelbyOne new course "How to use Macphun's Luminar"
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.