Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk
Thread started 30 Jun 2017 (Friday) 12:22
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

How to Download Photos?

setagate
Joined Dec 2005
Florida
Post has been last edited 4 months ago by setagate. 2 edits done in total.
Jun 30, 2017 12:22 |  #1

Can you please tell me how to post my photos in Flickr to this Canon forum? Or is there a way to post directly from my computer to the forum without going through an intermediary? I used to upload from Photobucket but I believe they now want to charge for this privilege.

sponsored links
frozenframe
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2013
Kansas, USA
Jun 30, 2017 17:49 |  #2

Read this post for information and instructions for posting images to this forum.
http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?p=2​874435

Ron
My Gear List

setagate
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2005
Florida
Jun 30, 2017 20:45 |  #3

Thank you very much for this information, but I'm afraid I still don't understand how to upload photos from Flickr or whether it is possible to upload photos directly from my computer to the Canon forum without using an intermediary such as Flickr, Photobucket or some other. I would appreciate additional help if possible. Thanks again.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
32,218 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Jun 30, 2017 21:05 |  #4

This is how I just uploaded this image...

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

setagate
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2005
Florida
Jul 01, 2017 14:24 |  #5

Thank you very much! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Jul 01, 2017 15:19 |  #6

setagate wrote in post #18391333 (external link)
. . . . . it is possible to upload photos directly from my computer to the Canon forum without using an intermediary such as Flickr, Photobucket or some other.

Yes, this is the very best way to display photos here on POTN. When people link to hosting sites, the images often "disappear" from their posts over time for one reason or another. When you upload directly to the forum server, you are assured that your photos will stay with your posts for the long haul.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

setagate
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2005
Florida
Jul 01, 2017 16:11 |  #7

Thank you, Tom. This is very helpful!

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,238 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Jul 01, 2017 16:30 |  #8

setagate wrote in post #18391333 (external link)
Thank you very much for this information, but I'm afraid I still don't understand how to upload photos from Flickr or whether it is possible to upload photos directly from my computer to the Canon forum without using an intermediary such as Flickr, Photobucket or some other. I would appreciate additional help if possible. Thanks again.

You already know about upload tool, good.

If you want to add a photo from Flickr to your post (we call it embedding a photo):

Browse to the gallery page in Flickr, then copy the address (URL) to clipboard. Now when you have the post editor open (as shown in TeamSpeed's post above), paste the address you just copied to that white text field under "EMBED IMAGE", then click that FETCH button. The image bbcode is now created, and a thumbnail of the image is shown. Click that thumbnail to insert the image to required position in your post.

Embedding means that the image is served to members from your Flickr gallery, and it is not stored in forum server.

Uploading means that you upload a file to forum server, and it is served from there to members.

Note that

- you may embed 8 images per post.

- you may upload 2 images per post.

Also, you may not use the upload tool to post several images in same thread's successive posts.

Our image rules are here: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/imagerul​es.php and an older version with more complete explanation is here http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=74718 (those will be merged soon).

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 1.4 Changelog (installed here now)

setagate
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2005
Florida
Jul 02, 2017 12:15 as a reply to Pekka's post |  #9

Thank you.

sponsored links

705 views & 2 likes for this thread
How to Download Photos?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.