Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions
Thread started 01 Jul 2017 (Saturday) 16:26
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Digital Camera Speed Challenge # 468 It's Summertime!

Hye5
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2002
Jul 01, 2017 16:26 |  #1

We're a couple of weeks into summer, so show us an image you feel best captures the essence of the season!

The Challenge begins now, July 1, 2017 and ends at 8 p.m. on July 8th. Good luck!

CHALLENGE RULES:

1. Camera: Any DIGITAL CAMERA is allowed, (not just DSLR)
2. Time: Any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size: See standard P.O.T.N. Image Posting Rules.
4. Post Processing: Do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting: ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
6. Commenting: Please, NO COMMENTING DURING CHALLENGE feel free to comment in this thread after a winner is declared.
7. Content: Keep it clean, and both Family and Work safe.
8. Have questions? PM me.
9. Have FUN!

* THE WINNER ALWAYS SETS THE THEME FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE, POSTS IT AND JUDGES IT - BE PREPARED! A new challenge should be posted ASAP after you have been declared the winner.

Hye 5 Photographyexternal link

sponsored links
teekay
Goldmember
2,623 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Jul 03, 2017 18:22 |  #2

Battling Heat

IMAGE: http://community.netidea.com/teekay/temp/BeachBattle.jpg
Lumix FZ1000

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
6,606 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
East Central IL
Jul 07, 2017 23:26 |  #3

Summer in the Park

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4199/34928790381_6812bee90f_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Vdxb​tP] (external link)New York City 2017 (external link) by Mark Johnson (external link), on Flickr

Mark J.
Gear

texkam
"Just let me be a stupid photographer."
1,126 posts
Joined Mar 2012
By The Lake in Big D
Jul 08, 2017 15:16 |  #4

4th of July Fun

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
5D3, 200mm@f4, iso3200, 1/800

Hye5
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2002
Jul 09, 2017 12:49 |  #5

I have to apologize to you all... our power went out last night and just came on this morning, so I was not able to post.

That being said...

All the images were really right on in terms of the theme.

#1 Texcam - 4th of July Fun - The tight shot, combined with bright colors, water and a fantastic expression put this one over the top for me.

#2 Teekay - Battling Heat - a close second... nothing says summer like water fun and kids (for me anyway). Love the color and the action/expressions you captured.

#3 M_Six - Summer in the Park - Really a fun image and a nice capture. While it definitely meets the summer theme, kids and water always scream summertime to me, so I was really drawn to those first.

Thanks all for your patience and for sharing some great shots! Congratulations!

Hye 5 Photographyexternal link

teekay
Goldmember
2,623 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Jul 09, 2017 17:59 |  #6

Congratulations Texcam and thank you and M-Six - I was the only one there for a while and I didn't want to win by default.;-)a

Don't know why you didn't get more entries, Hye5, as the subject was broad enough, the season right, and surely almost everyone has lots of summer photos in their files.

My entry was a frame grab from a 4K video, taken for this challenge with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 - easily the best and most useful carry-around camera I've ever owned.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Post has been edited 5 months ago by Tom Reichner.
Jul 09, 2017 18:22 |  #7

teekay wrote in post #18398156 (external link)
Don't know why you didn't get more entries, Hye5, as the subject was broad enough, the season right, and surely almost everyone has lots of summer photos in their files.

I think because........well, because it is summertime. . A lot of people have vacations and such, and are probably afraid that they might win, and then be unable to run the next challenge.

This is exactly what keeps me from participating in the summer - what with summer travel and being on-call for fire season, I never now if I'll be around in a week to start a new challenge (should I win). . And then, in addition to being around the next week, I would also have to still be around the following week, to judge the challenge and announce the winners.

So, I feel that it wouldn't be right to enter the current challenge because of my uncertainty about being able to hoo the next one. . I assume that many others are in the same position, and that keeps the participation low. . But this week's theme was great and I wish I could have taken part.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

Sibil
Cream of the Crop
5,277 posts
Joined Jan 2009
SoCal
Jul 09, 2017 18:58 |  #8

teekay wrote in post #18398156 (external link)
My entry was a frame grab from a 4K video, taken for this challenge with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 ....

I am impressed.

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
6,606 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
East Central IL
Jul 09, 2017 19:46 |  #9

Kudos texcam. Stellar shot. Knew that was a winner right away. Love the expression and the clarity. Well done.

Nice work pulling that frame for a still, teekay. My first decent digital camera was an FZ18 which I still own. Great little rig.

Mark J.
Gear

texkam
1,126 posts
Joined Mar 2012
By The Lake in Big D
Jul 09, 2017 22:14 |  #10

Just a moment to say a quick thank you. Will revisit a bit later and also start the next challenge.

texkam
1,126 posts
Joined Mar 2012
By The Lake in Big D
Jul 11, 2017 00:54 |  #11

I was also bummed we didn't have more entries. Agreed, such a wide open, broad subject. This was shot at the neighborhood park at the annual 4th of July celebration. They had a big water slide for the kids. Let's see if we can increase the numbers for the next challenge. I'll have it up shortly. Thanks again for the honor.

sponsored links

1,450 views & 7 likes for this thread
Digital Camera Speed Challenge # 468 It's Summertime!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.