Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk
Thread started 07 Jul 2017 (Friday) 23:21
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Search misses some posts

OhLook
Spiderwoman
15,183 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Post has been edited 4 months ago by OhLook.
Jul 07, 2017 23:21 |  #1

I'm using Search in selected forums and threads to find my images that Photobucket has hidden. It isn't returning everything it should. In the Post Your Food Photography thread, for example, it missed these:

http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=17​636061

http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=17​673139

http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=17​686869

http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=17​139613

http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=17​162359

and I know there are other IMG posts of mine in that forum and probably in that thread, besides the ones that Search did find.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
15,183 posts
Joined Dec 2012
Jul 09, 2017 11:43 |  #2

More info that may help with diagnosis.

In Urban Life & Travel, a search using the forum name, my screen name, and [IMG] (no date specified) returned nothing from the Bring Out Yer Dead thread. A search using thread title, screen name, and IMG also returned nothing. After I found a few posts manually and edited them, those showed in the search, but unedited ones didn't

A search starting from the Replies column on the forum page did return some posts in that thread. Whether it got all of them, I don't know.

Omitting IMG from the search using the thread title and "myself" was better than including IMG. The search without IMG found nine posts, including those with images.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,718 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Jul 10, 2017 11:09 |  #3

Hi,
Very strange. I was going to suggest this;

Go to your member page, (click your avatar)
Scroll down almost to the bottom, the last group of 3 links on the right hand side includes

" SEARCH: For posts with images by OhLook "

But of course the resulting search page looks exactly like what you are already doing, ie: using {IMG} as your text criteria.

And of course this won't find forum attachments either will it?

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
15,183 posts
Joined Dec 2012
Post has been edited 4 months ago by OhLook.
Jul 10, 2017 23:39 |  #4

Another oddity: Sometimes a search page includes entries without the thread title, so there's nothing to click on to get to what I presume is a post. EDIT: No, there are no posts by me with those four dates in that thread.

Screenshot from p. 5 (the last page) of a thread search.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

578 views & 0 likes for this thread
Search misses some posts
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.