Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Short Films
Thread started 07 Jul 2017 (Friday) 18:59
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Gimbal buzzing noise?

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2013
Houston, Texas
Jul 07, 2017 18:59 |  #1

So I just bought my first Gimbal. It's a Pilotfly C45. It's for my Sony RX100V. I have no experience with gimbals, and there is not much info online about this one since it's brand new. There is a slight buzzing / electronic noise that can be heard in the video sound occasionally when the gimbal is working. I think i've balanced it correctly (although not sure). I don't feel like the sound should be noticeable, but again, total newb on this front.

P.S. I know this is the film sharing section but for some reason there is not a discussion for short films, just a sharing section. That's why I put this here.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Canon 5D-Canon 5D Mark III-Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V-Sony a9-Tamron SP 17-35mm 2.8-4 Di LD IF-Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L II USM-Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II-EF 135mm f2 L USM||Sony FE 24-70mm f2.8 GM-Sony Sonnar T*FE 35mm f2.8 ZA-Yongnuo 600EX-RT x3-Godox V860II-S-Canon BG-E4-Canon BG-E11-Sony VG-C3EM

Nogo
I could have been worse....
Joined Dec 2013
All Along the Natchez Trace (Clinton, MS)
Jul 07, 2017 19:39 |  #2

Are you trying to use the internal mic? They are sensitive enough to pick up the focusing etc. An external mic will help substantially.

Philip
Does the TF actually know about the soda cans and PVC pipe from 30 years ago?

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2013
Houston, Texas
Jul 07, 2017 23:37 |  #3

Nogo wrote in post #18396660 (external link)
Are you trying to use the internal mic? They are sensitive enough to pick up the focusing etc. An external mic will help substantially.

Yes is was using the external mic just for the tests. I may go to an external setup if I get more into vlogging, but this is mainly for B roll which wouldn't have sound most times anyway. It's very quiet in the video but still noticeable.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Canon 5D-Canon 5D Mark III-Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V-Sony a9-Tamron SP 17-35mm 2.8-4 Di LD IF-Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L II USM-Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II-EF 135mm f2 L USM||Sony FE 24-70mm f2.8 GM-Sony Sonnar T*FE 35mm f2.8 ZA-Yongnuo 600EX-RT x3-Godox V860II-S-Canon BG-E4-Canon BG-E11-Sony VG-C3EM

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2013
Houston, Texas
Jul 13, 2017 18:34 |  #4

So I decided to send the gimbal back. It's buzzing and vibrating in video was just too much for me. Unfortunately since I bought it straight from the company which is located in Taiwan, they have been very hard to get in touch with. I've had a return order open for 3 days now that's still "waiting for confirmation". There is no contact info on their website either.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)

398 views & 0 likes for this thread
Gimbal buzzing noise?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Short Films

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.