Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk DIY & Customizing
Thread started 13 Jul 2017 (Thursday) 21:47
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Rokinon - AF Chip Installation

TomCruise06
Joined Jun 2017
Jul 13, 2017 21:47 |  #1

I Just bought a Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 Fish eye lens to use with my Canon camera.

I cannot get clear focus on the subject I want to shoot. So while looking for a solution I came across this installation of a chip in the lens for it to communicate with the camera.

Has anyone performed that installation? Where can i get that chip and how to install?

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thank you!

mike_d
Goldmember
4,962 posts
Joined Aug 2009
Jul 13, 2017 23:06 |  #2

TomCruise06 wrote in post #18401541 (external link)
I Just bought a Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 Fish eye lens to use with my Canon camera.

I cannot get clear focus on the subject I want to shoot. So while looking for a solution I came across this installation of a chip in the lens for it to communicate with the camera.

Has anyone performed that installation? Where can i get that chip and how to install?

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thank you!

I have the Rokinon 12mm FE, basically the full frame version of yours. I just set it to infinity focus and everything from 1 meter on is in focus at f/5.6. Or you could use live view and zoom in.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
31,889 posts
Gallery: 58 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Jul 13, 2017 23:14 |  #3

I was going to say the same thing, an 8mm would render just about everything in focus.

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

Mike ­ Deep
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2008
Tampa, FL
Jul 13, 2017 23:39 |  #4

But first: Use live view to find where infinity really is. The focus scales on these lenses can be way off from the factory.

www.mikedeep.comexternal link | SportsShooterexternal link

408 views & 0 likes for this thread
Rokinon - AF Chip Installation
FORUMS General Gear Talk DIY & Customizing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.