Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Olympus Digital Cameras
Thread started 28 Apr 2016 (Thursday) 11:58
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Has anyone had an E-P5 dial problem successfully fixed by Olympus?

Timza
130 posts
Joined Jan 2016
Apr 28, 2016 11:58 |  #1

Has anyone had an E-P5 dial problem successfully fixed by Olympus? I like lots of things about this camera. But the rear dial on one I bought on ebay has started skipping. It was fine when I got it and had around 3,000 shutter actuations. But now here I am. Should I send it in and pay to get it fixed?

sponsored links
Timza
THREAD ­ STARTER
130 posts
Joined Jan 2016
Apr 28, 2016 12:12 |  #2

Yes. I have searched. Yes. I have read the other threads. This thread is not about the problem. This thread is about if Olympus service fixes the problem.

genesimmons
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2013
bc canada
Jun 08, 2016 10:53 |  #3

Timza wrote in post #17988245 (external link)
Yes. I have searched. Yes. I have read the other threads. This thread is not about the problem. This thread is about if Olympus service fixes the problem.

i didn't even know there was a problem,which dial are u referring to,i haven't had any issues with my em5.

OLYMPUS EM1 M2. 12-100 F4 PRO.75mm f1.8,fisheye f1.8 pro. SONY A7 various manual lenses. FUJI X100
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/100085318@N08/ (external link)

Timza
THREAD ­ STARTER
130 posts
Joined Jan 2016
Jun 09, 2016 09:36 |  #4

The front and real dials on some Olympus micro four thirds cameras start skipping after a while. My rear one on my E-P5 now skips. Old threads include people sending their cameras back to Olympus and getting them fixed (it appears with the same lot of dial parts) to then start skipping again after a while. I am interested in if anyone has recently had Olympus do this repair and have good results. It is 140 to 180 dollars to send it in. A lot of money to spend for a fix that does not have a reputation for working.

2mnycars
Goldmember
2,992 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Canada
Jul 26, 2016 15:49 |  #5

Arrrrghhhh....my M5 lost it's rear knob after very, very light use. I was lucky. It fell into by camera bag. Camera stayed there after a while.

Good luck and please tell me how you fix it.

Dave L
I'm a bagaholic

eclipsechaser
95 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Jul 14, 2017 09:50 |  #6

Yup Olympus europe did a fine job on mine.

sponsored links

1,802 views & 0 likes for this thread
Has anyone had an E-P5 dial problem successfully fixed by Olympus?
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Olympus Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.