Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries
Thread started 14 Sep 2016 (Wednesday) 16:29
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

How to add an existing Logo/Watermark on photo in Lightroom?

aniewalshphotography
Joined Aug 2016
Minnesota, United States
Sep 14, 2016 16:29 |  #1

Hi, all:

My sister created me a logo for my future website/business cards and a simplified logo to put on my pictures. If I am editing these photos in lightroom and want to add this logo (PDF form), how do I do that? I have done some googling but I only see how to add a watermark that you create within lightroom. In my case, my watermark/logo already exists and I want to simply place it on top of the photo. Is this possible in Lightroom?

Thanks!

Archibald
You must be quackers!
Joined May 2008
Calgary
Sep 14, 2016 16:59 |  #2

aniewalshphotography wrote in post #18128129 (external link)
Hi, all:

My sister created me a logo for my future website/business cards and a simplified logo to put on my pictures. If I am editing these photos in lightroom and want to add this logo (PDF form), how do I do that? I have done some googling but I only see how to add a watermark that you create within lightroom. In my case, my watermark/logo already exists and I want to simply place it on top of the photo. Is this possible in Lightroom?

Yes, you do it during Export. Go to the bottom of the export dialog and check it out.

Pentax Spotmatic F with 28/3.5, 50/1.4, 50/1.8, 135/3.5; Canon digital gear
C&C always welcome.
Picture editing OK

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Sep 14, 2016 18:11 |  #3

You will need the logo to be in the correct file format first. That will ideally be as a PNG file, since the PNG format is better for the sorts of graphic shapes used in logo's compared to JPEG files, PNG also supports transparency which can be really useful. Unfortunately LR will not support using a .PSD or any other file type that supports vector graphics as a watermark. LR is also really poor at resizing the image used for the watermark, so ideally you will create copies of the logo file at the correct resolution to match the pixel resolution of your output. So if you are going to be producing image files at say 1280×853 pixels, then you want your logo file to be 1280×853 pixels too, while output at 5700×3800 pixels would require a matching sized logo file. Much better to create the logo at the different sizes yourself, where you have full control. Hopefully you will have the logo in a vector format, so that you can change the size at will, without affecting the quality of the image. Here a PSD file, that has not had the graphics elements rasterized or flattened will be fine, and the PSD format is compatible with being stored in LR, and can be exported from LR as a PNG for a full quality PNG file in whatever size will be necessary.

Once you have your graphic files sorted you just go the the Edit Watermarks dialogue, under the Edit menu item in LR, and in the top right corner of the dialogue window there are Radio button check marks for Text and Graphic formats, select Graphic and you will be able to select your graphics file for adding the watermark. You can just use one size of watermark file if you want, rather than keep changing the settings for different size output, but doing that at times the image will end up not looking so good when it gets resized, since there is no vector support.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

Tristan29photography
Mostly Lurking
Joined May 2017
Jul 14, 2017 20:56 |  #4

Yes I would recommend you to edit it in Photoshop before and get a good Png file. You can easily customize it with colors, shadows or other to adapt it depending on the use.

Tristan Quevilly
Feel free to visit my new website :
Fine Art Landscape Photography (external link)

1,201 views & 1 like for this thread
How to add an existing Logo/Watermark on photo in Lightroom?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.