Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 28 Jun 2017 (Wednesday) 23:15
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

6d2 is here.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
31,222 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been last edited 11 days ago by TeamSpeed. 2 edits done in total.
Jul 16, 2017 20:56 |  #916

What that means is that somebody that has access to the 6D2 was supplying files, and they have all been yanked accordingly. Otherwise there is no initiative by multiple sites to kill threads or a hosting site to stop the links. Be sure these CR2 files still exist elsewhere. :)

Keep in mind Amazon can be easily influenced by Canon if the need arises.

Past Equipment | My Galleryexternal link
Resources For Sale: High ISO Denoiser Actionexternal link | Focus Genie

sponsored links
DaviSto
... sorry. I got carried away!
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Jul 16, 2017 21:07 |  #917

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18403684 (external link)
What that means is that somebody that has access to the 6D2 was supplying files, and they have all been yanked accordingly. Otherwise there is no initiative by multiple sites to kill threads or a hosting site to stop the links. Be sure these CR2 files still exist elsewhere. :)

Keep in mind Amazon can be easily influenced by Canon if the need arises.

Or it might mean that there was no genuine production model 6D2 CR2 file in the first place. Maybe we will never know.

davesrose
Goldmember
2,536 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Atlanta, GA
Jul 16, 2017 21:12 |  #918

DaviSto wrote in post #18403688 (external link)
Or it might mean that there was no genuine production model 6D2 CR2 file in the first place. Maybe we will never know.

It's not too much longer until there's confirmed 6D2 RAWs....as for Canon conspiracy theories, I leave that to others  :p

Canon 5D mk III , 7D mk II
EF 135mm 2.0L, EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, EF 24-70 2.8L II, EF 50mm 1.4, EF 100mm 2.8L Macro, EF 16-35mm 4L IS, Sigma 150-600mm C, 580EX, 600EX-RT, MeFoto Globetrotter tripod, grips, Black Rapid RS-7, CAMS plate and strap system, Lowepro Flipside 500 AW, and a few other things...
smugmug (external link)

DaviSto
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Jul 16, 2017 21:14 |  #919

Bill Claff has also pulled his 6D2 preliminary measurements chart on photonstophotos.net.

New Data: Preliminary Canon EOS 6D Mark II Measurements (09 Jul 2017 21:00 -0500) is now a dead link.

It seems like there is an attempt being made to erase all traces of this (which is, of course, impossible). It's highly unusual.

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Jul 16, 2017 22:07 |  #920

Wow.

When the first post on FM came out i really wondered about that source. Canon is not going to hand over pre release cameras to just anyone, and they would certainly lock the person down from a legal point of view. That guy didn't mention having a history of getting pre release cameras and didn't really seem to know what he had.

The guy on DPR said he got his images from DPR? That's weird. Why in the world would they allow someone else to scoop them with what is the biggest news out of Canon since the 5DIV?

I like the mystery. Who knows what is going on.

Maybe DPR messed up by leaking the files?

Maybe the FM guy is legit and Canon just screwed up and/or one of the early 6DIIs got out in the wild?

Maybe Canon is flushing out some bad actors in the program by feeding them junk cameras?

Maybe Sony sympathizing shape shifting reptilian aliens distributed fake cameras to damage Canon?

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Dlee13
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2012
Perth
Jul 16, 2017 22:25 |  #921

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #18403722 (external link)
Wow.

When the first post on FM came out i really wondered about that source. Canon is not going to hand over pre release cameras to just anyone, and they would certainly lock the person down from a legal point of view. That guy didn't mention having a history of getting pre release cameras and didn't really seem to know what he had.

The guy on DPR said he got his images from DPR? That's weird. Why in the world would they allow someone else to scoop them with what is the biggest news out of Canon since the 5DIV?

I like the mystery. Who knows what is going on.

Maybe DPR messed up by leaking the files?

Maybe the FM guy is legit and Canon just screwed up and/or one of the early 6DIIs got out in the wild?

Maybe Canon is flushing out some bad actors in the program by feeding them junk cameras?

Maybe Sony sympathizing shape shifting reptilian aliens distributed fake cameras to damage Canon?

The bold one is what I believe. I even said that in my conspiracy post earlier haha.

The thing about the preproduction raw leaks that get me is, we don't know how far into the cycle that body was, for app we know it could have been a very early production model. The fact all these RAW threads have been pulled seems very strange, especially when Bill was asked on FM he just said don't look too much into it and that's it.

Canon 6D ~ Canon M5 ~ Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 ~ Canon EF 35mm f2 IS ~ Canon EF 17-40mm f4L ~ Canon EF 100mm f2.8L IS USM ~ Sigma 85mm f1.4
Blog (external link) | Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link)

FTb
Joined Jun 2014
Jul 16, 2017 22:51 |  #922

DaviSto wrote in post #18403622 (external link)
And we know these will include: robust but less than tank-like build with weather protection that probably isn't quite as good; one memory card slot not two; somewhat less super-duper auto-focusing system; slower frame rate; no magic multi-controller button; fewer customization options; slightly fewer direct access control buttons; lower resolution LCD; (probably) lower maximum shutter count and maybe one or two other components that are a little less durable; 1/4000 c.f. 1/8000 maximum shutter speed. Oh ... and slightly lower pixel count.

On the plus side: it will have a tilty-flippy screen and will be a bit smaller and lighter.

That seems fair enough to me, assuming the DR turns out to be the German variety.

'Interesting just how many dismissive comments there have been about the importance of increased dynamic range, particularly considering that limited DR is one of the main reasons cameras "see" so differently than we humans do.

My flickrexternal link
Favorite lenses: Canon 16-35 f/4 L IS, 50/1.2L, 85/1.2L II, 135/2L, 70-200L IS II, TS-E 17mm f/4L

power ­ shot
49 posts
Joined Dec 2012
Jul 16, 2017 23:04 |  #923

Looks like Canon is running scared now

Guess they r counting all the preorders they have already lost and r now trying to hide anything that shows the fact that their new camera is really nothing much more than a 5 year old camera, bummer for Canon

Would think Canon would put out some good raws for testing then to disprove what has already been established but I guess they can't because the facts wouldn't change

shaunmcfd
Joined Nov 2012
Jul 16, 2017 23:56 |  #924

Actually, this has me wanting to pre-order more than I did when it was announced.

6D | 24-105 f4L | Sigma 50 2.8 Macro | 17-40 f4L| 135 f2L | 70-200 f2.8L ii | Sigma 35 1.4 Art | Tamron 24-70

smythie
I wasn't even trying
Joined Jun 2009
Sydney - Australia
Jul 17, 2017 04:36 |  #925

FTb wrote in post #18403750 (external link)
'Interesting just how many dismissive comments there have been about the importance of increased dynamic range, particularly considering that limited DR is one of the main reasons cameras "see" so differently than we humans do.

Well, no. It is because a camera takes a single image while the human brain is constantly performing a massive HDR on multiple images and then adding whatever its imagination leads it to believe should be there

Gear List

repete7
Joined Nov 2010
Jul 17, 2017 07:30 |  #926

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #18403645 (external link)
The plot thickens!

I missed it. What did the deleted thread say?

Karen Flickr (external link)
Canon 70D|Canon Eos-m|Canon ef-m 11-22|Canon ef-m 22|Canon 24 stm|Canon 40 stm|Canon 50 f/1.8 stm|Canon FD 50mm macro|Canon 10-18 stm|Canon 15-85|Canon 18-135 stm|Canon 100-400L|Canon Macro 100L|

gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
52,417 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
Post has been edited 10 days ago by gjl711.
Jul 17, 2017 07:45 |  #927

repete7 wrote in post #18403897 (external link)
I missed it. What did the deleted thread say?

Basically that the new 6DII dynamic range is less than the 5 year old 6D even though it seems o be using the new sensor architecture of the 5DIV and the 80D. THis is based of several leaked raw files run through some bench marking software.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

DaviSto
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Jul 17, 2017 08:06 |  #928

gjl711 wrote in post #18403904 (external link)
Basically that the new 6DII dynamic range is less than the 5 year old 6D even though it seems to be using the new sensor architecture of the 5DIV and the 80D. THis is based of several leaked raw files run through some bench marking software.

I can only trace one leaked raw file alleged to be from the 6Dii and that has now been pulled by the poster who first linked to it. Bill Claff's DPR thread referring to DR tests performed on this file has been deleted in its entirety either by Bill himself or by DPR as has another DPR Forum thread pointing this out (probably just housekeeping by DPR mods). Bill Claff has also pulled the DR/ISO performance chart from his own web-site (photonstophotos.net).

As far as I can see, all the 'evidence' underpinning the '6Dii has inferior DR to original 6D' reports has now been withdrawn. But the story has gained a lot of web momentum all of its own and is not going to go away easily.

There's lots of opportunities for conspiracy theorizing for anybody who feels so inclined.

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Jul 17, 2017 09:13 |  #929

This is the guy who posted on DPR claiming he got the raw files from them.

http://photonstophotos​.net/Charts/PDR.htm (external link)

His data is still up, here is a screen shot that is more or less what he posted in his thread in the DPR forums.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
31,222 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Jul 17, 2017 09:23 |  #930

If Canon requests Amazon to pull content that isn't ready for the public, they will...

Past Equipment | My Galleryexternal link
Resources For Sale: High ISO Denoiser Actionexternal link | Focus Genie

sponsored links

57,875 views & 722 likes for this thread
6d2 is here.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.