Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk
Thread started 10 Mar 2017 (Friday) 19:50
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Great opportunity for a wedding photographer

panicatnabisco
Joined Apr 2012
san francisco, CA
Apr 06, 2017 09:26 |  #16

Must be hard to be an Attorney these days

Canon 1DX | 6D | 16-35/2.8II | 24/1.4II | 24-70/2.8II | 24-105 | 50/1.8 | 50/1.2 | 70-200/2.8 IS II | 85/1.2II | 100/2.8 IS macro | 400/2.8 IS | 2xIII
Leica M8.2 | Noctilux 50 f/1 | Elmarit 90/2.8 Cinema BMD Ursa Mini 4k
afimages.net (external link) | Facebook (external link) | flickr (external link)

sponsored links
TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,088 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Post has been edited 6 months ago by TooManyShots.
Jun 06, 2017 21:20 |  #17

Interesting post...LOL. Maybe I should just decline all potential opportunities if the bride and groom are expecting me to shoot a $600 wedding for over 6 to 7 hours, not including scouting the area and post processing and using my site to distribute THEIR photos to friends and family. I have better things to do...even doing nothing is better than killing myself shooting a $600 or less wedding...to build a portfolio...LOL

Frankly, the whole portfolio idea would work only if the couples know people and your success and failure with them would lead to more gigs. If the couples are cheap to begin with and have no appreciation of your photography..assuming you are naturally talented, then, they are just out to cheat on you.

One Imaging Photographyexternal link and my Flickrexternal link
Facebookexternal link

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,088 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Jun 06, 2017 21:30 |  #18

bigVinnie wrote in post #18309861 (external link)
Just to be devils advocate here (literally?) Attorneys due a lot of work pro bono. So it's not like they are asking for something they don't do.

Generally for a good cause. If you are smart enough to get your bar license, you better be smart enough to know if someone is scamming you...and cheating you....:)

One Imaging Photographyexternal link and my Flickrexternal link
Facebookexternal link

level1photog
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Jun 2016
Jun 24, 2017 11:54 |  #19

Just like everyone said, this is a horrible opportunity. I would be extra careful working with attorneys. $600 is definitely not worth it.

Here is one case of professional photographer working an attorney: $300,000 lawsuits.
https://petapixel.com ...hreatened-300000-lawsuit/ (external link)

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,280 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Post has been last edited 5 months ago by Wilt. 3 edits done in total.
Jun 24, 2017 13:50 |  #20

Great Opportunity for Attorney

"Need attorney in CA, for lady and husband on Social Security, with adult mentally handicapped son deriving Social Security Disability Income, to transfer deed from Husband and wife in Community Property state, to handle existing deed transfer from joint ownership to wife's name only, so that imminent sale of family home does not cause him to be fianancially disqualified from state-subsidized long term care benefits.

"Family wishes to sell 100%-owned home to move and immediately purchase home to the community in which husband's long term care facility is located. Ordinarily this sale would cause him to lose state long term care benefits because he has 'too much in assets' (the cash realized in between sale and purchase of unit in new community).

"Also draw up purchase agreement with future buyer of current homne,who wishes to purchase current family home at previously negotiated price, to draft up purchase agreement for Real Estate to occur within one year of signed agreement.

"Willing to pay only 10-20% of usual attorney fees, but will cover filing costs. Please reply with bid soon."

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Silver-Halide
Joined Jan 2015
Jul 19, 2017 13:06 |  #21

Pro Photographer Looking for People to Do Their Job Without Pay

https://www.craigslist​.org .../best/bos/423827525​9.html (external link)

Echoes in Eternity LLC | Tucson and Southern Arizona Wedding Photographer (external link)

sponsored links

5,828 views & 19 likes for this thread
Great opportunity for a wedding photographer
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.