Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras
Thread started 08 Jan 2017 (Sunday) 21:12
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

D700 the problem

cupic
113 posts
Joined Aug 2010
South of Sydney
Jan 08, 2017 21:12 |  #1

My old war girl is playing up recently.The problem is that it only shoots wide open on primes (That I have try )
It was displaying a Err code every time I change from wide open
Is it a cheap fix ..The shutter works perfectly when no lens is attached

cheers

sponsored links
tdlavigne
304 posts
Joined Mar 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Jan 09, 2017 19:21 |  #2

Probably no answers as no one has access to your camera to fiddle around with it. Easiest solution would be to send to Nikon repair center. My guess would be broken aperture lever on the body. Unless you've got old primes that have to be locked into the smallest aperture; vaguely remember that causing troubles back in the day, but I haven't had one of those lenses in years now so that's just a shot in the dark. Cost-wise, again...no one can really give an accurate estimate short of those that work for Nikon or other authorized repair center. In my experience no camera repairs that involve going into the body and removing/replacing things are cheap.

cupic
THREAD ­ STARTER
113 posts
Joined Aug 2010
South of Sydney
Jan 10, 2017 21:20 |  #3

I spoke to a nikon repairer and they mention AU$500 shutter replacement But Im thinking
perhaps electrical communication problem
cheers

tdlavigne
304 posts
Joined Mar 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Jan 10, 2017 21:24 as a reply to cupic's post |  #4

Granted, I'm not an authorized repair center employee but I wouldn't have guessed shutter failure as the issue. I'd send it in for an estimate and a more accurate diagnosis.

cupic
THREAD ­ STARTER
113 posts
Joined Aug 2010
South of Sydney
Jul 21, 2017 17:02 |  #5

It seems its a
Aperture Control Unit
And with it being a older unit no parts can be sourced from Nikon
What are the option?

cheers

txdinh
31 posts
Joined Sep 2017
Sep 19, 2017 16:22 |  #6

One option is to buy a "broken" D700 for parts; assuming the parts you need are still good ... I have seen one recently on eB*y ... Then get a repair center to swap parts :)

sponsored links

1,135 views & 2 likes for this thread
D700 the problem
FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.