Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Urban Life & Travel Talk
Thread started 08 Jul 2017 (Saturday) 13:31
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

chicago - interesting spots for photos?

kenwood33
Goldmember
2,546 posts
Joined Jul 2005
Jul 08, 2017 13:31 |  #1

I will be there next week for a few days. I will be taking the train to downtown each day. Besides the usual tourist spots such ash the john hancock tower, navy pier, river walk etc.. any other interesting spots for landscape/travel lifestyle photos? i will be bringing a small m43 system with a wide and a mid length lense, plus a travel tripod.

Gearlist

mikepj
196 posts
Joined Jan 2011
Central Michigan
Jul 19, 2017 10:59 |  #2

Millenium Park is worth checking out. Good views of the city, some interesting architecture, the Crown and Buckingham fountains, and the ever-popular jelly bean.

Radiant Photography (external link) Instagram (external link) Instagram (Sports) (external link) Flickr (external link)
5D Mark II, 7D Mark II, 16-35 ƒ4L, 24-105 ƒ4L, 70-200 ƒ2.8L IS II, 100-400 ƒ4.5-5.6L, 85 ƒ1.8, 50 ƒ1.8 STM
EOS M, EF-M 22 ƒ2 STM

Temma
Joined Sep 2009
Rocky River, Ohio
Jul 19, 2017 13:37 |  #3

My old neighborhood around 69th and Indiana Ave? You like taking pictures of guns, right? :D

How about along Lakeshore Dr., the marinas, the area around the Museum of Science and Industry, Lakepoint Tower (if it's still there, I used to have an uncle who lived there)?

ONE30
I don't have a point!!!
4,123 posts
Joined Mar 2011
newYORK
Jul 22, 2017 16:00 |  #4

...the south side but not the safest !!!

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
Joined May 2007
Oak Park, Illinois
Jul 24, 2017 19:18 |  #5

My advice is stay away from the tourist areas. Check out Wicker Park, Andersonville, Buck Town to name a few. Southloop can be interesting especially around all the colleges.

1,295 views & 0 likes for this thread
chicago - interesting spots for photos?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Urban Life & Travel Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.