Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People
Thread started 27 Jul 2017 (Thursday) 23:40
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Beach Maternity Pics at Sunset

tabi_24
Joined Feb 2013
Leesburg, FL
Jul 27, 2017 23:40 |  #1

My husband and I are expecting our first child very soon. We went to the beach this past weekend and did a few DIY maternity pics at sunset. Although we only got a few, I LOVE how these turned out. Let me know what you think!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

http://www.foreverafte​rphotography.net (external link)
http://www.tabithaspho​tography.webs.com (external link)
Cameras: Canon 5D Mark ii, Canon 7D, Canon EOS Rebel T2i
Lenses: Canon 10-22mm, 50mm f1.4, 70-200mm f 2.8L IS, 24-105 L f4, Venus Optics Laowa 15mm f4

01Ryan10
Joined Aug 2012
OC, California
Aug 02, 2017 16:04 |  #2

I'll give some feedback.

It is great that you like them. They are your photos, so you should like them. By no means am I trying to be rude or mean with my following comments, I'm just stating what I see.

First picture
I think you've lit yourselves well, but the environment is just a bit too underexposed for my taste; hence, the lighting doesn't balance well. The other issue I have is the framing. For full body shots, I like to see a lot more environment. You've almost got the top and bottom of the image touching head and feet. I also don't like the mood of either of you. Looks too much like a picture for the grandparents, (smile and say cheese). The overall exposure is great though!

Second picture
Lighting is same issue here for me. In this photo, I like your expression, but I think you've caught your husband with one that's not so enduring. I also don't like his body square to the camera. Because of this, it feels like you're facing the wrong direction being that you're on the left third of the image looking to the left. If his belly button was facing the right of the image, it would be better balanced.

http://RyanLunaPhotogr​aphy.com (external link)
IG: @01ryanluna10 (external link)

drjitesh
Joined Aug 2017
Aug 23, 2017 11:39 as a reply to 01Ryan10's post |  #3

i ll be doing the same, how does one correct the background exposure and decrease the subject lighting, fill flash vs a reflector or both?

AlFooteIII
Joined Jul 2013
New York City
Aug 27, 2017 18:17 as a reply to drjitesh's post |  #4

Set for the exposure you want on the background and add to your subject with your flash to bring them up to proper exposure. In these shots, the flash is so bright that to get correct exposure on the subject, the background has to be so dark.

Specializing in Theatrical Photography. See my work at:
www.alfoote3photograph​y.com/external link
www.facebook.com/alfoo​te3photographyexternal link

1,034 views & 2 likes for this thread
Beach Maternity Pics at Sunset
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.