Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Food Photography & Visual Recipes
Thread started 19 Jan 2016 (Tuesday) 17:48
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Post your cocktail images

ThreeHounds
Joined Mar 2014
Delray Beach, Fl USA
Jun 14, 2017 18:40 as a reply to post 18378437 |  #76

#1 for the win...

5D MkIII | 7D | Bronica ETRS
24-105 f/4 L | 17-40 f/4 L | 70-300 f/4 L | 105 f/3.5 Zenzanon | Tamron SP90 f/2.8 Di Macro VC USM
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
MR.BIG
144 posts
Joined Jan 2017
Post has been edited 3 months ago by MR.BIG.
Jul 22, 2017 15:40 |  #77

First time shooting cocktails ...did it for a friends bar ....42 cocktails ...here are some of them

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
10,751 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Jul 22, 2017 15:47 |  #78

MR.BIG wrote in post #18408655 (external link)
First time shooting cocktails ...did it for a friends bar ....42 cocktails ...here are some of them
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by MR.BIG in
./showthread.php?p=184​08655&i=i16652820
forum: Food Photography & Visual Recipes

Very nicely lit. Would you mind sharing how you backlit the drinks and lemon slices?

Gene - My Photo Gallery ||external link My USS Oriskany websiteexternal link || My Flickrexternal link
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

MR.BIG
144 posts
Joined Jan 2017
Post has been edited 3 months ago by MR.BIG.
Jul 23, 2017 07:39 as a reply to navydoc's post |  #79

not the best setup shot ....but :)

on the right is B1 head in 30x90 softbox plus this difusor in front ...on the left is this white foam board ...at the and of the room is one more B1 with purple gel ...

from behind there was a small flash SB-900 with this grid attach aiming into the glass

Hope this helps

HOSTED PHOTO

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
10,751 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Jul 23, 2017 08:14 |  #80

MR.BIG wrote in post #18409088 (external link)
not the best setup shot ....but :)

on the right is B1 head in 30x90 softbox plus this difusor in front ...on the left is this white foam board ...at the and of the room is one more B1 with purple gel ...

from behind there was a small flash SB-900 with this grid attach aiming into the glass

Hope this helps

thumbnailHosted photo: posted by MR.BIG in
./showthread.php?p=184​09088&i=i128188030

That was helpful. Thanks for the detailed description.

Gene - My Photo Gallery ||external link My USS Oriskany websiteexternal link || My Flickrexternal link
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
Joined May 2007
Oak Park, Illinois
Jul 24, 2017 09:16 |  #81

Foodguy wrote in post #18369788 (external link)
A few different things will work but IMO, the most natural is to first apply a very light coating of vaseline (the stylist uses a make-up sponge to 'dab' this on) and then spray a light mist with a water/glycerin mixture, but in a pinch you can skip the first step or even just use water in a spray bottle that produces a fine mist. The glycerin helps it to last on set without drying out too quickly. It's key to apply only to the liquid level, not the entire front of the glass. In addition to masking a lot of irregularities in the liquid from refractions, it also helps to communicate *cold* while still keeping the front of the glass transparent and not frosted like dulling spray would do.

Here's an example of a martini in the 'white world' I mentioned, where the client wants only the liquid content showing. Spritzed to hint at cold as well as to help diffuse the refractions that naturally occur in a martini glass (bear in mind though that I've built a set very specific to shooting these to minimize the refractions as much as possible from the start). I also like to add bubbles as indicative of a freshly poured drink (done with an eye dropper).

thumbnailHosted photo: posted by Foodguy in
./showthread.php?p=183​69788&i=i195926899

And another example to hint at 'cold'...the ice is fake.

thumbnailHosted photo: posted by Foodguy in
./showthread.php?p=183​69788&i=i15043109

Look at the lack of glare on the glass and the enhancement of the product. This is really well done. You can tell just by looking a real pro that specializes in food and drink shot this.

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
10,751 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Jul 29, 2017 16:15 |  #82

Not a cocktail exactly but one can be made with it. One of my favorite blended scotch whiskies. I do like a scotch mist once in awhile.

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

14,253 views & 148 likes for this thread
Post your cocktail images
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Food Photography & Visual Recipes

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.