Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography
Thread started 01 Aug 2017 (Tuesday) 06:59
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Bride & Groom Ordered To Pay Photographer $1.08M

Freakdaddy
101 posts
Joined Jan 2011
Post has been edited 2 months ago by Freakdaddy.
Aug 01, 2017 06:59 |  #1

Too often, reviews based on nothing more than childish and malicious intent go unpunished so it's always refreshing to see someone get their just deserts. Note to bride and groom...play stupid games; win stupid prizes.

https://www.dallasnews​.com ...nline-media-must-pay-108m (external link)

sponsored links
texkam
"Just let me be a stupid photographer."
1,064 posts
Joined Mar 2012
By The Lake in Big D
Aug 01, 2017 08:01 |  #2

As a Dallas resident, I though NBC5 was pretty irresponsible with their coverage.

Interesting twist about the comment of the photog giving a reviewer Aids. I noticed one of the pics in the story shows her shooting what appears to be a lesbian wedding. Wonder if this ugliness played a part in the smear motivation.

I agree, play stupid games; win stupid prizes.

gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
53,014 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
Aug 01, 2017 08:09 |  #3

Lesson learned I hope. Don't mess with Texas.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

RDKirk
Cream of the Crop
12,491 posts
Joined May 2004
USA
Aug 01, 2017 09:16 |  #4

I have a gripe with the news agencies that jumped on the bandwagon against this photographer without even an attempt to interview both sides and present a balanced story. It's not as though this was hot, breaking news--it could certainly have taken a bit of "investigation."

But as a producer of a new 24/7 news channel told me 'way back in 89: "BS is better than static."

benji25
Joined Jan 2010
Twin Cities
Aug 01, 2017 13:00 |  #5

RDKirk wrote in post #18416247 (external link)
But as a producer of a new 24/7 news channel told me 'way back in 89: "BS is better than static."

BS: Betterthan Static

Websiteexternal link
flickrexternal link

Perfectly ­ Frank
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2010
Aug 01, 2017 13:23 |  #6

Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

Glad the photographer won in court. But realistically, how much of the $1.08M will she ever see?

My flickr albums (external link)
My Best Aviation Photos (external link)

gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
53,014 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
Aug 01, 2017 13:44 |  #7

Perfectly Frank wrote in post #18416457 (external link)
Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

Glad the photographer won in court. But realistically, how much of the $1.08M will she ever see?

Good question so I poked around the web a bit and it seems that if you are sued, loose, and cannot pay it becomes debt. Evidently you can do things like garnish wages and the like. Your credit rating probably goes in the toilet. Forget about buying a house or car on credit. This is not a good thing in any way. The couple is going to have several really bad years as they sort this thing out.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

gossamer88
"something else"
Joined Aug 2014
NYC
Aug 01, 2017 13:48 |  #8

gjl711 wrote in post #18416200 (external link)
Lesson learned I hope. Don't mess with Texas.

Agree. I saw the video of the report. Not once did they speak to the photographer. Hopefully they'll do a follow-up but I doubt it.

Canon 5D Mark IV | Tamron 70-200mm G2 | Tamron 24-70mm G2 | 50mm STM | 35mm f/2 IS | Powershot G9 X | iPhone 6s
flickr (external link)

Perfectly ­ Frank
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2010
Aug 02, 2017 03:09 |  #9

Here in Los Angeles, TV station KTLA 5 just aired this story tonight. Looks like it's getting nation wide attention.

My flickr albums (external link)
My Best Aviation Photos (external link)

sponsored links

1,112 views & 4 likes for this thread
Bride & Groom Ordered To Pay Photographer $1.08M
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.