Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
Thread started 02 Aug 2017 (Wednesday) 03:08
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon 70-200 f/2.8 unusual problem

go4saket
124 posts
Joined Jul 2007
India
Aug 02, 2017 03:08 |  #1

Hi guys. I brought a new Canon 70-200 lens a few days back without warranty. It was working fine when I brought it. Now when I switch on the camera, the focus motor keeps working continuously even when the shutter is not pressed. It allows me to take photos but no focus can be set as the focus motor is running all the time. When I try to go to live view mode, there is no display amd when I try to go to video mode, it gives an error message saying "ensure the lens is attached" and even that time the motor keeps running. I have tried going to manual mode amd also switched off the IS but nothing is working.

Please help.

Canon 6D, 24-105 f/4L IS, 55-250 f/3.5-5-6 IS, 50MM f/1.8, Yongnuo 600RT+E3RT, Sekonic L-308S
Experience : Learning :)

TreeburnerCT
Joined Dec 2016
Stratford, CT, USA
Aug 02, 2017 06:36 |  #2

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the lens and body? Also would try using a bulb blower to blow out the inside of the body in case there's a large bit of dust or something on the sensor. Barring these issues it sounds like you may have gotten a bum lens - if you only bought it a few days ago I hope you can return it despite no warranty, otherwise the only other option is paying out of pocket for a repair.

-Joe

RapidPhotoCT.com (external link) | RapidPhotoCT Facebook (external link) | RapidPhotoCT Instagram (external link)

932 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 70-200 f/2.8 unusual problem
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.