Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events
Thread started 27 Jul 2017 (Thursday) 20:14
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

My first big Wedding

MilltownDan
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Jul 2017
Milton Pa
Jul 27, 2017 20:14 |  #1

Good evening,
I shot this Wedding in early July. The ceremony was at 1pm but, there was plenty of shade at the ceremony to keep that harsh sun out. I shot the whole wedding using only my 60D and the Tamron 60mm, f2 Macro and I was just wondering about anybody's thoughts on the editing in these and what you think overall. Thanks for any feedback!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links
MilltownDan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Jul 2017
Milton Pa
Jul 27, 2017 20:15 |  #2

And here is 2 more.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

MilltownDan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Jul 2017
Milton Pa
Jul 27, 2017 20:16 |  #3

I set a remote flash behind the cake and liked the effect.

HOSTED PHOTO

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2007
Pa
Jul 28, 2017 05:48 |  #4

These look like nice. The cake shot is good to but honestly setting up an OFC is not worth the effort .IMO :)

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

MilltownDan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Jul 2017
Milton Pa
Jul 28, 2017 06:22 as a reply to scorpio_e's post |  #5

Thank you! I hear ya about the OCF. I almost didnt set it up but I wasn't feeling the shots when I was shooting it and thought what the hell. I put it away after that.

rjharris
Joined Mar 2010
Near Dallas
Jul 28, 2017 16:42 |  #6

I like them but I don't really do weddings. Is that a tripod and movie camera behind the person officiating? Might be to remove it if it was me.

erikfig
Goldmember
2,140 posts
Joined May 2012
Orlando, FL
Aug 04, 2017 10:27 |  #7

Good Job. Clone that tripod out. It really takes away from the images. :)

Who cares about my gear?
FlickR (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Website (external link)

icor1031
Joined Jan 2015
Aug 07, 2017 10:35 |  #8

Second shot - step left to take the guy on the right out of the frame. Keep the posts equal between left and right frame.

(2) Canon 6D || Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2 || Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 || Sigma 85mm f/1.4 || Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 || Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art || Canon 24mm f/2.8 || Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 || (2) Eg-S Focusing Screen
T3i || Elan 7n || Cotton Carrier || Streaklight 360 || i1display Pro || TT560

davidmtml
Joined Jun 2012
Montana
Aug 07, 2017 14:17 |  #9

Sometimes it's just the compression from posting on the web, but to me it looks like you went a little heavy on the clarity slider.

Canon EOS 5D, EOS 7D, EOS 6D, EOS 60D, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 5D Mark IV | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 135mm f/2L USM, EF 16-35 f/4 L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC , 24mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 OS HSM, 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM, 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C, 50mm F1.4 DG HSM ART , 85mm F1.4 DG HSM Art | Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD |

DThriller
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2011
Rhode Island
Aug 27, 2017 22:57 |  #10

scorpio_e wrote in post #18413126 (external link)
These look like nice. The cake shot is good to but honestly setting up an OFC is not worth the effort .IMO :)

I love my ocf for receptions but yeah it is a pain sometimes. It's also a magnet for kids to mess with and break. I was actually shooting tonight and at cake cutting I had a nice kicker going and when the cake was over I looked at my last image and thought wheres the kick? I looked up and a kid had just swiveled the stand to point at the wall... wft

anyways I think your editing isn't bad but I would crop tighter in that 3rd one and get rid of the 1st Imo it was a fine experimental shot I get that you might have been going for but the wood just kinda looks crooked, old and oof. If I was going to get arty farty I might even say it makes you think maybe the wedding it rickety like the fence. I dunno haha

http://www.facebook.co​m/DPhillipsStudios (external link)
http://DPhillipsStudio​s.com (external link)

sponsored links

1,032 views & 3 likes for this thread
My first big Wedding
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.